Mexico Roaming

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
February 23, 2005 10:52:52 PM

I trying to find out what Mexican cities I can roam in with my VZW phone.
Unfortunately, the North America's Choice map doesn't appear to be on the
website any more. Even when it was, it was so small that you couldn't make
anything out as far as Mexico was concerned.

I tried calling VZW and asking. Unfortunately, whoever I spoke to didn't
have a clue and kept insisting that Verizon towers in the California and
Arizona would provide coverage deep into Mexico. <sigh>

Here's the towns I plan on visiting. Can anyone tell me if there is roaming
there for VZW phones on the Mexican systems?

Tecate, Baja Norte
La Rumerosa, Baja Norte
Mexicali, Baj Norte
Algodones, Baja Norte

San Luis Rio Colorado, Sonora
Puerto Penasco, Sonora
Naco, Sonora
Agua Prieta, Sonora

Palomas, Chihuahua
Juarez, Chihuahua

Thanks!

More about : mexico roaming

Anonymous
February 24, 2005 4:50:15 PM

mpmorgan(no spam)@adelphia.net (Michael) wrote in
news:p Jadnbn7npPq0oDfRVn-1g@adelphia.com:

> Here's the towns I plan on visiting. Can anyone tell me if there
> is roaming there for VZW phones on the Mexican systems?

Start at

http://www.verizonwireless.com/
b2c/mobileoptions/internationalsvcs/cdmadialinginst.jsp

There's a link to a page which supposedly shows coverage for Mexico:

http://mobileoptions.vzw.com/international/roaming/mexi...

--
Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN | bert@visi.com
Anonymous

Also -- watch the fine print

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/mobileoptions/intern...

still lists the Dominican Republic as a fine place to use your phone
-- the "trick" -- don't try to receive calls in DR from the US or dial
DR from the US. Falls under the "Availability of features, including
the ability to make and receive international calls, varies by serving
carrier and location and may be restricted without notice" clause

If you are spending any time there -- get a local prepaid phone

I get around it all with https://www.telcan.net/ -- I call DR and
receive calls when there, nice seamless service

Your mileage may vary -- don't have any first hand experience with
Mexico ; just point it out since it's on the same list as the
Dominican Republic as a "service" Verizon offers.

On 24 Feb 2005 13:50:15 GMT, Bert Hyman <bert@visi.com> wrote:

>mpmorgan(no spam)@adelphia.net (Michael) wrote in
>news:p Jadnbn7npPq0oDfRVn-1g@adelphia.com:
>
>> Here's the towns I plan on visiting. Can anyone tell me if there
>> is roaming there for VZW phones on the Mexican systems?
>
>Start at
>
>http://www.verizonwireless.com/
>b2c/mobileoptions/internationalsvcs/cdmadialinginst.jsp
>
>There's a link to a page which supposedly shows coverage for Mexico:
>
>http://mobileoptions.vzw.com/international/roaming/mexi...
July 16, 2012 6:49:20 AM

Telcan the newest way to call

Telcan the newest way to call India – and to call from India
Telcan is the Highest Quality, Feature Rich, PrePaid India Calling Card in The US, CANADA and INDIA
Telcan is the only India Calling Card that provides a bi-directional calling service which enables its customers to call to and from India on one account.
Telcan.com provides premium India Calling Card and Pre-Paid India Calling PIN Services for Indians living in the U.S., Canada and even India. We also service Indian Business Travelers requiring a reliable, low cost India card service to connect to their business or family in India.
https://www.telcan.com/index.aspx
We maintain our own customer service and routing staff in the U.S. and India on a 24 hour basis. We have live support available via web chat, phone call or email.
!