boggus77

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
Was wondering if I could run BF3 with the hardware in this PC. If so, what graphics settings could I expect to use while getting a respectable framerate?

Processor-- AMD Phenom Quad-Core 2.2Ghz
Memory-- 4Gb 800Mhz DDR2
Graphics-- Nvidia GTX 460 (1Gb Vram)
OS-- 32bit Win 7

Solution
it will work but will choke on multiplayer quite badly. you need 2.4ghz minimum so its better cooling and over clocking... i know its not a huge amount but it is the recommended minimum (infact thats the recomended minimum for an intel so 2.6 maybe where you need to get to for smooth gameplay without rubberbanding in multi)

btw it will not run on ultra settings on a gtx 460 your looking at medium high at best... to get 40+fps minimum on multi
ultra settings will send you down to the high teens mid 20's depending on drivers on multi... you may get away with it on single player but even then you will get fps droop on high polly/action parts of the maps.

Khalan

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
My 1GB GTX 460 runs BF3 at Ultra settings (with FXAA) smoothly at 1080p. However I'm not sure how much difference my CPU makes to the performance compared to the AMD Phenom (specs in sig).

it will work but will choke on multiplayer quite badly. you need 2.4ghz minimum so its better cooling and over clocking... i know its not a huge amount but it is the recommended minimum (infact thats the recomended minimum for an intel so 2.6 maybe where you need to get to for smooth gameplay without rubberbanding in multi)

btw it will not run on ultra settings on a gtx 460 your looking at medium high at best... to get 40+fps minimum on multi
ultra settings will send you down to the high teens mid 20's depending on drivers on multi... you may get away with it on single player but even then you will get fps droop on high polly/action parts of the maps.

Solution