Duplicate copy of a printer

I'm trying to set up several copies of a printer in
my "printers and faxes" settings in order to save
standard settings for various sized print jobs. This
would save having to change the standard settings for a
printer each time I print say, a landscape 11x17 and then
a landscape 24x36, and back to a standard 8.5 x 11. I
envision having the same printer with 3 copies listed
such as HP 1220C Standard, HP 1220C 11x17, HP 1220C 24
x36, etc, etc.
Anyone know how to accomplish this?

Thanks for any help-
1 answer Last reply
More about duplicate copy printer

    Use the Add Printer Wizard in the Printers and Faxes Folder selecting the
    same Port and driver for all three "printers". Name the printer for it's
    function. Once you have created the printer set the defaults to the
    functionality you desire. One of the printers must be set to default so
    pick the one you will use most for the default.

    --
    Alan Morris
    Windows Printing Team

    "Todd Usher" <todd@acustomhome.com> wrote in message
    > I'm trying to set up several copies of a printer in
    > my "printers and faxes" settings in order to save
    > standard settings for various sized print jobs. This
    > would save having to change the standard settings for a
    > printer each time I print say, a landscape 11x17 and then
    > a landscape 24x36, and back to a standard 8.5 x 11. I
    > envision having the same printer with 3 copies listed
    > such as HP 1220C Standard, HP 1220C 11x17, HP 1220C 24
    > x36, etc, etc.
    > Anyone know how to accomplish this?
    >
    > Thanks for any help-

Hewlett Packard Printers Windows XP