Check Point NG FP3 W2K default gateways?

Two interface firewall, when I config the tcp/ip settings on the
interfaces I've been coding the default gateway for each pointing to
the "nearest" router ip address. When I code the second interface
default gateway, up pops a warning about having multiple gateways.
What is the proper way to config this for a Check Point firewall?
2 answers Last reply
More about check point default gateways

    Bob Smith <wysiwyg21@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > Two interface firewall, when I config the tcp/ip settings on the
    > interfaces I've been coding the default gateway for each pointing to
    > the "nearest" router ip address. When I code the second interface
    > default gateway, up pops a warning about having multiple gateways.
    > What is the proper way to config this for a Check Point firewall?

    Forgetting equal-cost multi-path, backup-links, load-sharing, etc. you
    should only have one default gateway. That would normally be your
    upstream router/firewall that leads to the Internet.

    --
    Jason Kau
    bubbafat@SPAMspeakeasy.net IS FOR EMAIL

    You Should only need the default gateway on one NIC. If it is an internet
    gateway for example it would be the external one. The default gateway
    should then be that of your router (or ISP's router if it is ISP managed.)

    Then put your LAN clients to have a default route of the internal NIC and
    you have a gateway for them to reach the internet

    Hope this helps.

    AS

    "Bob Smith" <wysiwyg21@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Two interface firewall, when I config the tcp/ip settings on the
    > interfaces I've been coding the default gateway for each pointing to
    > the "nearest" router ip address. When I code the second interface
    > default gateway, up pops a warning about having multiple gateways.
    > What is the proper way to config this for a Check Point firewall?

Firewalls Configuration Default Gateway Gateways Networking