Whole system crash while playing ArmA 2

Shadowsken

Distinguished
May 22, 2010
Okay, so I've been playing the DayZ mod for around a week now, but earlier today my entire system crashed while playing and I was forced to perform a hard-reset. Booting my PC again greeted me with this message: SYSTEM BOOT ERROR, INSERT SYSTEM DISK and something with inserting the System Disk to try again. After a few complete restarts my PC was fine but the problem now occurs every time I try to play ArmA. This is the only issue I have had with this game so far, if anybody could shed some light on the issue it would be appreciated.

Specs:
AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE
4GB Corsair XMS2
Seagate Bararcuda 500GB
EVGA GTX 580
ASUS M3N-HT Deluxe MoBo

Edit: Windows 7 x64 :)

nin-ha

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2011
Does ArmA use Punkbuster? For me, any game that uses PB crashes my entire computer when I'm using on board sound. My whole computer locks up and sound loops until I hit the reset button on my tower. It's really obnoxious b/c now I either play BF3 with no sound, or I have to wear my headset for a couple hours.

You could be looking at the following scenario - crash caused by overheating or driver corrupted game data which now causes a crash every time you try to access it.

My advice try reinstalling first, then look at your temperatures if it's still crashing.

Also, does it crash right away or does take some time for it to do so? Does it crash consistently or randomly?

What PSU are you using?

Shadowsken

Distinguished
May 22, 2010
In response to Nin-Ha, ArmA uses it's own Anti-Cheat, BattlEye; never had any issues with it.

Weird thing is, I left my computer a little while, temps seemed normal too. The one thing I did do is to remove the -window parameter from the shortcut line. Seems to be working absolutely fine now. Must just be one of those PC hiccups we all experience from time-to-time. Thanks for your help peeps.