Sign in with
Your question
Solved

The Sims 3 Freezing... Kinda

Last response: in Video Games
June 11, 2012 7:38:35 PM

I have recently installed The Sims 3 on my PC will all the expansions, excluding the katy perry and the "singing one", so everything up to Master Suite Stuff.

I have the game updated to the latest update available but whenever i play for a couple in game days, the game will start to lock up so, all actions will freeze but trees, water, ZzzZZzz, etc, will still move.

I can do the "resetsim *" command and it helps for the next week in game, but then it starts to freeze up again.

many people seem to have this issue, but i have not yet found a permanent solution.

anyone know how to solve this issue?

More about : sims freezing kinda

June 11, 2012 9:46:09 PM

Defragment maybe? See if you can find any hacky-patches? Try using Gamebooster by IOBit?
m
l
June 12, 2012 12:45:45 PM

my system auto defrags every week, so i know it is not that, i believe that it has something to do with the game itself, because when i resetsim*, it just set the sim back home and reloads their stats and then it runs fine for a while.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

June 13, 2012 10:40:04 AM

It's a known issue with the game. It happens on a friend's system too. Your best bet is trawling the sims3 forums, you'll find others with the same issue there.
June 14, 2012 1:43:31 PM

same issue, but no solution... oh well, played again lastnight, and it only did it once while playing for the hour, so it is not too bad.
m
l
June 14, 2012 1:43:38 PM

Best answer selected by sscultima.
m
l
!