Skyrim Loading and Saving VERY Slowly (after 1.6 beta patch?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luxio

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2011
Let me first start by saying that up until a month or so ago Skyrim ran perfectly on my computer (specs below) and I never even had time to rotate the 3d models during loading screens. Everything was super quick. But suddenly loading can take up to 5 minutes....and saving takes forever too. Now I play Skyrim for 5 minutes before it gets unbearable, and I never save. Now I just quit after an autosave.
Anyway, these are the things I've tried and have not worked:

1. Got rid of twenty or so mods
2. Got rid of old saves
3. Cleaned out my hard drive
4. Hard drive was on automatic defrag, so good there

I might have missed a few, but anyway...I haven't seen any problems like mine from other people. The game still runs fine, no lagging...but load screens are terrible (including the first load up of the game). So, any ideas on how to fix this?

And I'm not sure....but the timing seems to say that maybe it has become slow since the 1.6 update beta. I tried to uninstall the beta and play but my saves were saved under the beta and it wouldn't let me load it without the update. And now before I was able to try older saves without the update, the beta is no more.
I just don't understand.

Computer Specs:

CPU: i5 2500k 3.3ghz (OC to 3.9ghz)

Motherboard: Asus P8P67

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon 6850 1GB

RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 8GB (2 X 4GB)

Hard Drive: WD Caviar Black 7200 RPM 750GB

Case: NZXT Phantom (White)

Luxio

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2011

Is that really the answer? Are other people having issues like this since the update?
If that's the case, when is the beta going to end and the 'actual' update going to be released on pc?

Luxio

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2011

That stinks.....I thought it was only the Dawnguard DLC that the Xbox got ahead of time.....
But anyway....There doesn't seem to be a way that I can get out of the beta anymore....In Steam it shows that I'm not participating in any betas anymore, and it doesn't offer the Skyrim beta as an option.....But just in case it isn't because of the beta update, I'm still open for other ideas and how to fix it.

Luxio

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2011
Okay, so I was able to load up an older save (on a different character) and the loading times were really quick. So, I guess this does have to do with the beta....is the only option to wait for the actual update to be released??

I would say reinstall the game from scratch, without the beta update. Also, it's possible that even then the problem will be persistent in latest saves you made while running the beta client, so you'll have to go back to saves before you got the beta patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.