EQ1 - Sickness of the Spirit DON task

This is the tier 2 task right before the Emoush task. My first try on
this did not go well Today. The mobs here seem much harder than the
rest of the DON tasks I've been on. Also, based on the tasks steps
listed at Casters Realm, this looks like it might take a few hours to
get done.

Can anyone tell me about how long it takes to complete all of the
steps? How hard are the named in this task? And lastly, do the mobs
here respawn. We were clearing the courtyard and we did not see repops
after at least 20 minutes, maybe 30. We only have a 69 druid as healer
and we ran her low on mana a few times before we finally had two
deaths. With no rezzer and a few too many close calls we hung up our
swords until we could get a better mix for the task.

Any hints on time needed, force (group) needed, shortcuts and the like
would be greatly appreciated.

Ken

<jkcobb@comcast.net> wrote:

> This is the tier 2 task right before the Emoush task. My first try on
> this did not go well Today. The mobs here seem much harder than the
> rest of the DON tasks I've been on. Also, based on the tasks steps
> listed at Casters Realm, this looks like it might take a few hours to
> get done.

It's not as bad as it sounds, especially if you have a rogue and an
enchanter.

> Can anyone tell me about how long it takes to complete all of the
> steps? How hard are the named in this task? And lastly, do the mobs
> here respawn. We were clearing the courtyard and we did not see repops
> after at least 20 minutes, maybe 30. We only have a 69 druid as healer
> and we ran her low on mana a few times before we finally had two
> deaths. With no rezzer and a few too many close calls we hung up our
> swords until we could get a better mix for the task.
>
> Any hints on time needed, force (group) needed, shortcuts and the like
> would be greatly appreciated.

Hints on time... 2 hours assuming you keep the druid healer. Hints on
force, an enchanter makes one part much easier and stuns make huge portions
of it easier. Hints on shortcuts, a rogue can do several of the steps far
quicker by sneaking around.

On 2005-03-26, Ken Cobb <jkcobb@comcast.net> wrote:
> Any hints on time needed, force (group) needed, shortcuts and the like
> would be greatly appreciated.

Figure 1-2 hours, with a bard doing triggering and pulling for the 1 hour
figure.

Pull and kill the gardener, follow the left wall and kill roamers in your
way. Turn in perfect cherry blossom to drake, move to NW corner, pull iron
warders at doorway and in room. Move in, kill roaming iron warder in north
corridor, take corridor left to garden, kill mobs in the way to the bathhouse
to the west. Set up camp at entrance to bathhouse and kill goblins there
plus 1 roamer iron warder in your way to kirin grandmaster. I invis to kirin,
hail him, run back into bathhouse and stand inside bath to spawn Nethran,
named goblin. Pull him to group, kill him, loot thingy which I turn in to
kirin. Group moves back east to corridor north of the staircase room.
I single pull one of the guards in the pair guarding the eastern route of
the corridor, while group dispatches it and the other of the pair I run
upstairs to the library (NE-most room upstairs) where I DA in, hail the
librarian to spawn scroll thief, then I run back out and fade.
Clear the rest of the iron warders guarding the corridor until you get to
the first guarden, then I single pull the scroll thief there which is very
easy because he's mezzable. Dispatch scroll thief, loot scroll, all move
back to kirin grandmaster. You can invis through by passing between a cherry
tree and the bridge to avoid see invis pair of iron warder, but someone
usually manages to aggro them so might as well clear them.

Turn in scroll to kirin grandmaster, who turns aggro, kill him and mission
won. The only mobs that con white or higher to a level 70 is Nethran and
the grandmaster, and both spend most of their time casting so they don't
require much healing.

Free from memory so can be somewhat inaccurate.

--
nino
Jeril, 70 Bard, Venril Sathir