Faxing Problems

August 11, 2004 3:00:16 PM

Ever since I have installed DSL I cannot seem to fax. I
was able to with Modem. They are telling me to install a
filter on my phone jack, but my wall construction does
not allow this. Has anyone encountered this problem or
maybe give me some suggestions?

Thanks Much!!

More about : faxing problems

Anonymous
August 11, 2004 9:08:57 PM

Fax uses a analog modem and phone line. You can install a filter, wall
construction has nothing to do with it, if you have a analog modem in your
computer. You can check with your DSL provider about the filter or get one
from Radio shack. It is an in line filter. I have DSL with in line filter
and fax fine.

"JP" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ever since I have installed DSL I cannot seem to fax. I
> was able to with Modem. They are telling me to install a
> filter on my phone jack, but my wall construction does
> not allow this. Has anyone encountered this problem or
> maybe give me some suggestions?
>
> Thanks Much!!
Anonymous
August 16, 2004 8:28:52 PM