Need New CEll Phone HELP

Last response: in Network Providers
February 24, 2005 7:51:07 PM

I am in a dilemma. I dropped my 60i in a gutter of water in last rain storm
in So Ca and want to get a new phone. I am disappointed with Verizons
offerings. I had wanted a blackberry but Verizon doesn't offer a Blackberry
with web access. The Treo they offer is the 600 without Blue Tooth. So I
began looking at phones. I like the Moto V265 ads I hear it has great
reception as compared to the LG 6100 but the 6100 has a flash on the
camera(is this important?) I got a 6100 but have dropped a few calls so I
am thinkking about returning it. It does have a good speakerphone though.
The priorities for me are a good speakerphone, good reception with few
dropped calls. I was also considering the 60P fort the two way feature.
Thought that w9ould be cool with my wife and I but have read bad reviews on
it. Any suggestions. I don;'t want to spend more than $100 for the phone.
Also I see the 60P on line is $69 and in the stores $199, what gives?

More about : cell phone

February 26, 2005 12:36:18 AM

From seeing and using all the Moto phones except for the V710, you are much
better off grabbing an LG or Sanyo. The only Moto's worth looking at these
days aren't part of the Verizon Wireless lineup at all. They put all their
efforts into the huge GSM market and it shows. Go ahead and pick up a new
MPX or some thing other then a Verizon Moto and you'll notice the difference
right away. It's unfortunate it's this way, but as Cingular is getting more
robust and their reception has gotten better in the same areas where is
wasn't (for me at least) it might be time to look at a different provider.
Anyway, if Cingular isn't in your area for reception then look at the new
LG's or Sanyo's. Much, much better in all categories then any Verizon Moto
there is.

!