is this normal with SyGate

When I try to connect to a website, sometime I would see SyGate (I
have free vers 5.5) incoming arrow flashing red instead of Cyan.
After a few seconds, it would be Cyan. Is that normal?

BTW, I am seeing the following message despite using a few
anti-Spyware (CWShredder, SybotS&D, AdAware, SPyblaster) and already
blokced messenger pop up:

<<<<<
Warning. Important Message!!!

You are seeing this message, because we have detected that you have
tracking software installed in your machine. (more info)

This is not a virus, but a program in your machine that monitors and
transmits all of your online activities, and is a serious violation of
your privacy.

Below is a link to a free scanner to download that will find and
remove all spyware programs on your machine: Get the scanner

Is this just an ad or does it really mean what it is saying.. I do
know that I need to get a scanner and scan my pC. Right now I have
Norton AVG 2003.

Another thing: Sometimes, I see web-based pop-ups when I got to soem
sites. Is that because I haven't taken care of web-based pop-up
issue?

One lst thing: A while back I downloaded a program from Sumantec
website (fixblast) that would remove W32Blaster worm. I was goign to
say I haven't run it .. but I am running it now...I assume it is
safe..
2 answers Last reply
More about normal sygate

    "notBloodthirsty" <shogunOrMeiji@yahoo.com> a écrit dans le message de
    > When I try to connect to a website, sometime I would see SyGate (I
    > have free vers 5.5) incoming arrow flashing red instead of Cyan.
    > After a few seconds, it would be Cyan. Is that normal?

    Cyan indicate traffic, red arrows indicate blocked traffic, and flashing red
    indicates port scan ( or may be any other security issue, have never seen
    anything else than port scan reported )

    > BTW, I am seeing the following message despite using a few
    > anti-Spyware (CWShredder, SybotS&D, AdAware, SPyblaster) and already
    > blokced messenger pop up:

    If it's a message looking like an instant message coming from nowhere, it
    may have something to do with a Windows Service available in XP.
    I can't remember the name, and I only have a french version, but more
    advised posters may help you about that.
    Anyway, don't worry about it and ignore it, I don't think it would be a good
    idea to click on any link included in that kind of message.

    --

    Psyko Niko

    "Psyko Niko" <nico.bagnati@*enlever ca*magic.fr> wrote in message news:<c4fohd$fo1$1@news-reader5.wanadoo.fr>...
    > "notBloodthirsty" <shogunOrMeiji@yahoo.com> a écrit dans le message de
    > > When I try to connect to a website, sometime I would see SyGate (I
    > > have free vers 5.5) incoming arrow flashing red instead of Cyan.
    > > After a few seconds, it would be Cyan. Is that normal?
    >
    > Cyan indicate traffic, red arrows indicate blocked traffic, and flashing red
    > indicates port scan ( or may be any other security issue, have never seen
    > anything else than port scan reported )
    >

    > > BTW, I am seeing the following message despite using a few
    > > anti-Spyware (CWShredder, SybotS&D, AdAware, SPyblaster) and already
    > > blokced messenger pop up:
    > >

    > If it's a message looking like an instant message coming from nowhere, it
    > may have something to do with a Windows Service available in XP.

    I see.

    > I can't remember the name, and I only have a french version, but more
    > advised posters may help you about that.

    > Anyway, don't worry about it and ignore it,

    O.K.

    > I don't think it would be a good
    > idea to click on any link included in that kind of message.

    I'll get a scanner from www.insecure.org, not from this.

Firewalls Networking