is this normal with SyGate

Last response: in Networking
March 31, 2004 8:29:54 PM

When I try to connect to a website, sometime I would see SyGate (I
have free vers 5.5) incoming arrow flashing red instead of Cyan.
After a few seconds, it would be Cyan. Is that normal?

BTW, I am seeing the following message despite using a few
anti-Spyware (CWShredder, SybotS&D, AdAware, SPyblaster) and already
blokced messenger pop up:

<<<<<
Warning. Important Message!!!

You are seeing this message, because we have detected that you have
tracking software installed in your machine. (more info)

This is not a virus, but a program in your machine that monitors and
transmits all of your online activities, and is a serious violation of
your privacy.

Below is a link to a free scanner to download that will find and
remove all spyware programs on your machine: Get the scanner

Is this just an ad or does it really mean what it is saying.. I do
know that I need to get a scanner and scan my pC. Right now I have
Norton AVG 2003.

Another thing: Sometimes, I see web-based pop-ups when I got to soem
sites. Is that because I haven't taken care of web-based pop-up
issue?

One lst thing: A while back I downloaded a program from Sumantec
website (fixblast) that would remove W32Blaster worm. I was goign to
say I haven't run it .. but I am running it now...I assume it is
safe..

More about : normal sygate

Anonymous
April 1, 2004 6:46:42 AM

"notBloodthirsty" <shogunOrMeiji@yahoo.com> a écrit dans le message de
> When I try to connect to a website, sometime I would see SyGate (I
> have free vers 5.5) incoming arrow flashing red instead of Cyan.
> After a few seconds, it would be Cyan. Is that normal?

Cyan indicate traffic, red arrows indicate blocked traffic, and flashing red
indicates port scan ( or may be any other security issue, have never seen
anything else than port scan reported )

> BTW, I am seeing the following message despite using a few
> anti-Spyware (CWShredder, SybotS&D, AdAware, SPyblaster) and already
> blokced messenger pop up:

If it's a message looking like an instant message coming from nowhere, it
may have something to do with a Windows Service available in XP.
I can't remember the name, and I only have a french version, but more
advised posters may help you about that.
Anyway, don't worry about it and ignore it, I don't think it would be a good
idea to click on any link included in that kind of message.

--

Psyko Niko
Anonymous

"Psyko Niko" <nico.bagnati@*enlever ca*magic.fr> wrote in message news:<c4fohd$fo1$1@news-reader5.wanadoo.fr>...
> "notBloodthirsty" <shogunOrMeiji@yahoo.com> a écrit dans le message de
> > When I try to connect to a website, sometime I would see SyGate (I
> > have free vers 5.5) incoming arrow flashing red instead of Cyan.
> > After a few seconds, it would be Cyan. Is that normal?
>
> Cyan indicate traffic, red arrows indicate blocked traffic, and flashing red
> indicates port scan ( or may be any other security issue, have never seen
> anything else than port scan reported )
>

> > BTW, I am seeing the following message despite using a few
> > anti-Spyware (CWShredder, SybotS&D, AdAware, SPyblaster) and already
> > blokced messenger pop up:
> >

> If it's a message looking like an instant message coming from nowhere, it
> may have something to do with a Windows Service available in XP.

I see.

> I can't remember the name, and I only have a french version, but more
> advised posters may help you about that.

> Anyway, don't worry about it and ignore it,

O.K.

I'll get a scanner from www.insecure.org, not from this.
!