Upcomming update

From the website on April's upcoming update....

"Characters will now log in with full health and mana after having been
logged out for more than 1 hour."

WOW! I welcome this, but can imagine others may not.... I always wondered
why "camping" didn't allow me to recover at least as quickly as sitting
would.

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 06:58:35 -0700, "Frinka" <drano@spam.dlmcclurenospam.com> wrote:

>"Characters will now log in with full health and mana after having been
>logged out for more than 1 hour."

Oh. My. God.

I can't believe it! I welcome this change. Me, a stoic supporter of the 'old world,'
actually looking forward to the latest dumbing-down of our game!

Best regards,

Tim ==
(substitute 'tcsys.com' for 'nospam.co.uk')
_________________

Seeq Endestroi
Paladin of Mithanial Marr, The Rathe
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=507035

Grave Wisdom / Grave Intentions - a Rathe Guild
http://www.gravewisdom.com

Xiphos

<d...@spam.dlmcclurenospam.com> wrote:

> > >"Characters will now log in with full health and mana after having
been
> > >logged out for more than 1 hour."
>
> > Oh. My. God.
>
> > > I can't believe it! I welcome this change. Me, a stoic
supporter of the 'old world,'
> > > actually looking forward to the latest dumbing-down of our game!
>
> Chill Winston......
>
> As if this in any way this would interupt a normal challenge.
>
> :eek:)
>
> Kirby

Agreed, this change makes sense. Go camp somewhere "safe", log into an
alt, play for an hour or two, go have lunch, run errands, whatever,
then log back over and viola. More time than it would take to just sit
and med, but allows for better use of that time.

This change, however:
--BEGIN-QUOTE--
At character select, you will see a new button "Go Home" Which will
move your character to its home city if it has not logged in for the
previous 6 hours.
--END-QUOTE--

I can see this getting abused all to scrap. Get yourself in some hot
water or well into some seriously dangerous zone you can't seem to
manage to get back out of? No problem, just log out, go have dinner,
watch a movie, run some errands, go to work, get some sleep, whatever,
log back in, and viola! I guess it's no worse than the old MUD /home,
but I didn't like that either :)
--
Xiphos - At least with some of the old MUDs, using /home meant leaving
all yourcurrent posessions at the previous location.

Xiphos

42 wrote in response to Xiphos:
> > Agreed, this change makes sense. Go camp somewhere "safe", log
into an
> > alt, play for an hour or two, go have lunch, run errands, whatever,
> > then log back over and viola. More time than it would take to just
sit
> > and med, but allows for better use of that time.
>
> If you are soloing your rogue/warrior/etc and are sitting for 10
minutes
> to regain full health between each kill then logging out for an hour
> between each kill is not going to "skyrocket your xp while minimizing
> your downtime"
>
> Most players will welcome it from the simple perspective of, "I
logged
> out immediately after an ldon that ran a little late, and the next
day
> when I log in I won't have to spend my first 15 minutes medding.
>
> There is a potential for abuse with respect to players who get into a
> bad situation, are running low health/mana, and then AE mez/root and
> camp out, wait an hour and then camp in ready to take on the fight...
> but these people always had the much more efficient "gate" at their
> disposal.. so its not a big deal.

Right, so we're in agreement. So either you misread my praise of the
change as a Good Thing, or I'm misinterpreting your post as a
misinterpretation of mine, and we're actually all in agreement.

Camping and regaining health == Good, and About Freaking Time.

I'm not saying the /home ability will do anything for XP, I'm saying it
will encourage people to get themselves deeply entrenched in areas they
really shouldn't have been in the first place, but not have to worry
about making that all importnt corpse run they might otherwise have had
to do. I guess for most people still playing, you're all, what, 55+,
and so there's not many places that fit that bill. But for us
admittedly few whos mains are still well below that mark... e.g., my 20
SK fights his way too deep into Paludal, I just camp out for the night,
log in in the morning and hey, no worries about having to fight my way
back out! Automagic gate for the Shadowknight! Or any other
non-caster. I'm sure lots of people will view this as A Good Thing,
but as a long-time paper-and-dice gamer I view this as a Santifying of
the computer GM.
--
Xiphos - I dislike Santa GM's. Where's the sense of accomplishment?
Of earning or deserving your fate?

kirby

Distinguished
May 15, 2004

"Seeq Endestroi" <seeq@nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
> On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 06:58:35 -0700, "Frinka"
<drano@spam.dlmcclurenospam.com> wrote:

> >"Characters will now log in with full health and mana after having been
> >logged out for more than 1 hour."
>
> Oh. My. God.
>
> I can't believe it! I welcome this change. Me, a stoic supporter of the
'old world,'
> actually looking forward to the latest dumbing-down of our game!

Chill Winston......

As if this in any way this would interupt a normal challenge.

:eek:)

Kirby

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 06:58:35 -0700, "Frinka"
<drano@spam.dlmcclurenospam.com> wrote:

>"Characters will now log in with full health and mana after having been
>logged out for more than 1 hour."
>
>WOW! I welcome this, but can imagine others may not.... I always wondered
>why "camping" didn't allow me to recover at least as quickly as sitting
>would.

I wondered about the lack of this feature for over 6 years.

Another update that are useful is the ability to move your character
to home city when not logged in for 24 hours is also useful if you got
caught in a bad place. ie a named raid levle mob decided to camp near
you and cut off your only way out and you have no gate spell or potion
and can't get a hold of anyone to help, just camp out and come back
the next day.

The one update I would like to see someday is the one that resulves
some million or so unfixed bugs. I miss the long boat ride.

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 17:35:33 -0500, Impmon <impmon@digi.mon> wrote:

>Another update that are useful is the ability to move your character
>to home city when not logged in for 24 hours is also useful if you got
>caught in a bad place.

Do tell. And if my home city is West Frickin' Freeport, where they hate my guts for
killing Lucan D'Lere about a zillion times...? Where do I pop when I /home?

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

In article <1111948525.197430.147320@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
xiphos@rahul.net says...

> > As if this in any way this would interupt a normal challenge.
> >
> > :eek:)
> >
> > Kirby
>
> Agreed, this change makes sense. Go camp somewhere "safe", log into an
> alt, play for an hour or two, go have lunch, run errands, whatever,
> then log back over and viola. More time than it would take to just sit
> and med, but allows for better use of that time.

If you are soloing your rogue/warrior/etc and are sitting for 10 minutes
to regain full health between each kill then logging out for an hour
between each kill is not going to "skyrocket your xp while minimizing
your downtime"

Most players will welcome it from the simple perspective of, "I logged
out immediately after an ldon that ran a little late, and the next day
when I log in I won't have to spend my first 15 minutes medding.

There is a potential for abuse with respect to players who get into a
bad situation, are running low health/mana, and then AE mez/root and
camp out, wait an hour and then camp in ready to take on the fight...
but these people always had the much more efficient "gate" at their
disposal.. so its not a big deal.

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 08:57:13 -0600 in
<laid411rh2m6cujtq0bc1701medrlm399p@4ax.com>, Seeq Endestroi
<seeq@nospam.co.uk> graced the world with this thought:

>On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 06:58:35 -0700, "Frinka" <drano@spam.dlmcclurenospam.com> wrote:
>
>>"Characters will now log in with full health and mana after having been
>>logged out for more than 1 hour."
>
>Oh. My. God.
>
>I can't believe it! I welcome this change. Me, a stoic supporter of the 'old world,'
>actually looking forward to the latest dumbing-down of our game!
>
>Best regards,
>
>Tim ==
>(substitute 'tcsys.com' for 'nospam.co.uk')

That's hardly dumbing down--it's consistent with a persistent world.
Unfortunately, to be even more consistent, spell timers should keep
running too.

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 21:42:56 GMT, bizbee <tuberoo@earthlink.net> wrote:

>That's hardly dumbing down--it's consistent with a persistent world.
>Unfortunately, to be even more consistent, spell timers should keep
>running too.

ACK! Memories! I recall the first time I got a C3, that popped into my head... /ooc Does
the C3 timer keep running when you /camp ?

Seeq Endestroi wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 17:35:33 -0500, Impmon <impmon@digi.mon> wrote:
>

>>Another update that are useful is the ability to move your character
>>to home city when not logged in for 24 hours is also useful if you got
>>caught in a bad place.
>

> Do tell. And if my home city is West Frickin' Freeport, where they hate my guts for
> killing Lucan D'Lere about a zillion times...? Where do I pop when I /home?

Right into his lap. And he'll be sooooo happy to see you. :p

Tracey
<who also is KOS in Freeport and keeps forgetting it, making for
some quick runs for the zone>

"Tracey" <rbrancher2@aol.com> wrote in message

> Seeq Endestroi wrote:
> > On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 17:35:33 -0500, Impmon <impmon@digi.mon> wrote:
> >

> >>Another update that are useful is the ability to move your character
> >>to home city when not logged in for 24 hours is also useful if you got
> >>caught in a bad place.
> >

> > Do tell. And if my home city is West Frickin' Freeport, where they hate
my guts for
> > killing Lucan D'Lere about a zillion times...? Where do I pop when I
/home?

> Right into his lap. And he'll be sooooo happy to see you. :p

Lets put it this way. That's *not* a corrupted Ghoulbane in his pocket.

--
Davian - Night Elf Rogue on Bloodhoof
Dearic - Dwarven Paladin on Bloodhoof

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

In article <1111965123.262424.56760@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
xiphos@rahul.net says...
> 42 wrote in response to Xiphos:
> > > Agreed, this change makes sense. Go camp somewhere "safe", log
> into an
> > > alt, play for an hour or two, go have lunch, run errands, whatever,
> > > then log back over and viola. More time than it would take to just
> sit
> > > and med, but allows for better use of that time.
> >
> > If you are soloing your rogue/warrior/etc and are sitting for 10
> minutes
> > to regain full health between each kill then logging out for an hour
> > between each kill is not going to "skyrocket your xp while minimizing
> > your downtime"
> >
> > Most players will welcome it from the simple perspective of, "I
> logged
> > out immediately after an ldon that ran a little late, and the next
> day
> > when I log in I won't have to spend my first 15 minutes medding.
> >
> > There is a potential for abuse with respect to players who get into a
> > bad situation, are running low health/mana, and then AE mez/root and
> > camp out, wait an hour and then camp in ready to take on the fight...
> > but these people always had the much more efficient "gate" at their
> > disposal.. so its not a big deal.
>
> Right, so we're in agreement. So either you misread my praise of the
> change as a Good Thing, or I'm misinterpreting your post as a
> misinterpretation of mine, and we're actually all in agreement.

B) - You are misinterpreting my post as misinterpretation of yours. We
*are* in agreement. I posted to expand upon what you said not debate it.

> Camping and regaining health == Good, and About Freaking Time.
>
> I'm not saying the /home ability will do anything for XP, I'm saying it
> will encourage people to get themselves deeply entrenched in areas they
> really shouldn't have been in the first place, but not have to worry
> about making that all importnt corpse run they might otherwise have had
> to do. I guess for most people still playing, you're all, what, 55+,
> and so there's not many places that fit that bill. But for us
> admittedly few whos mains are still well below that mark... e.g., my 20
> SK fights his way too deep into Paludal, I just camp out for the night,
> log in in the morning and hey, no worries about having to fight my way
> back out! Automagic gate for the Shadowknight! Or any other
> non-caster. I'm sure lots of people will view this as A Good Thing,
> but as a long-time paper-and-dice gamer I view this as a Santifying of
> the computer GM.
> --
> Xiphos - I dislike Santa GM's. Where's the sense of accomplishment?
> Of earning or deserving your fate?

Its a balancing act... but if you don't like Santa GMs what do you think
of the bazaar... where the 70th level ultra rich dump their garbage on
you... garbage that's still 50 levels out of your reach.

No self respecting GM would let you walk into town and purchase loot
that drops of monsters that dragons couldn't touch at a price you can
afford after only few hours squishing bugs that can't touch you...

=)

Seeq Endestroi dit:

> On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 17:35:33 -0500, Impmon <impmon@digi.mon> wrote:
>
> >Another update that are useful is the ability to move your character
> >to home city when not logged in for 24 hours is also useful if you got
> >caught in a bad place.
>
> Do tell. And if my home city is West Frickin' Freeport, where they hate my guts for
> killing Lucan D'Lere about a zillion times...? Where do I pop when I /home?

Well that's your problem for choosing the wrong side in the first place - c'est la vie =p

--
Etc.

L'Empee®
Live - http://www.empee.org
Dead - http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?empee
-----------------------------
MSN: empee at post dot com
--------------------------------
E & OE.

Xiphos

42 wrote:
> Its a balancing act... but if you don't like Santa GMs what do you
think
> of the bazaar... where the 70th level ultra rich dump their garbage
on
> you... garbage that's still 50 levels out of your reach.
>
> No self respecting GM would let you walk into town and purchase loot
> that drops of monsters that dragons couldn't touch at a price you can
> afford after only few hours squishing bugs that can't touch you...
>
> =)

You make a very good point, and one I've discussed with other MMO
players outside of online forums. The bazaar itself is not a Santa GM
environment in and of itself. What makes it a twinky playground has
more to do with the skewed economy of EverQuest; Sony has seen fit to
produce more and more twinked out gear available to upper levels with
every release. Why they are doing this is anyones guess, though I
suspect it has something to do with the Powers In Charcge's only gaming
experience being with FPS and maybe the odd hack-n-slash dungeon
crawler. The reasoning aside, in a well balanced game, the progression
of quality of goods available would scale smoothly as a character
progresses, so that any hand-me-downs would be no more than a couple of
levels higher than would ordinarily be available, and even then in a
properly managed economy the pricing would keep such items
prohibitively expensive.

Instead what we see is a very sharp rise in quality-of-goods available
at the higher end levels, abruptly obsoleting large chunks of equipment
which then just get cast aside at blow-out prices. Certainly some
items go for more appropriate prices, given the rediculous inflation of
the EverQuest economy, but most people are just looking to clear out
their inventory. Ultimately, what would a higher-level character use
the plat for, anyhow? Mobs drop inordinate amounts of plat as level
increases, gear essentially useless to them can be resold for even more
in the bazaar, and the only thing I can even think of they'd want to
spend that money on is maybe a horse or crafting supplies, or the odd
"Uber Equipment", non of which effectively offset income:eek:utflow
ratios.

Now, had the progression been properly meted out, we would not see ANY
of these twink items going for the low prices they are. Any given item
would be a well-earned trophy to be kept and cherished, not discarded
like yesterdays fad. However this also would not readily pander to
Sony's target audience of the hack-n-slash dungeon crawler who doesn't
want role-playing, fantasy adventure, or any thing not instantly
gratifying such as what modern Western society has spoiled us with.
No, Sony's target audience wants more and better stuff so they can
strut around and try to out-do the other twinks.

Having said all that, I do regardless feel there is still the capacity
for EverQuest to be a good role-playing platform. I, personally,
rarely use the bazaar, and use no equipment I did not earn myself [save
a walrus tooth my wife gave me and some belt I accepted in a moment of
weakness]. Many have tried giving me equipment well beyond my means,
apparently feeling sorry for my own 'pitiful' equipment as though not
having the biggest, baddest sword and highest AC armor with stat
bonuses out the wazoo was some form of impotence.

The economy of EQ2 is somewhat improved, going back to the 100-base
instead of the jacked-up 10-base of EQ1, but from what I've seen still
has many problems. If there was some incentive or means to give cause
for all levels to have a more balanced income:eek:utflow ratio, like say
taking damage if you are hungry as in Ultima II and Ultima III and then
making it so the higher up in level you are, the quantity/quality
required goes up as well, might go a long way to resolve this. A more
reasonable NPC vendor pricing of goods would probably do wonders, as
well (How many plat for that plain sword?!).

So, to answer your original question, yes, I feel the Bazaar is a
center of twink gear that most good GM's would never even allow,
however it is not so much the bazaar's existance that causes this so
much as a messed up economy that's been broken ever since the game
first debuted.

To continue in that line of thought, EverQuest 2 has a better thought
out economy, but from what I've seen it is still fundamentally flawed
with oddly priced NPC goods that do not fluctuate appropriately with
the market, and is doomed to the same crash that EQ1 suffered. Project
Entropia has an interesting premise in being built around a virtual
economy, directly tied in to the real-world economy, and as such is
probably the most stable economy, and best playing environment I've
tested so far. However, the human-centered sci-fi aspect is no where
near as appealing as the multi-race fantasy setting. I cannot comment
on WoW, as I've not yet played it; though I've enjoyed Warcraft since
Warcraft II, the lack of a playable reptillian race puts me off the MMO
aspect. City of Heroes is really more of an extended-session FPS than
RPG, with no real economy I could discern (I'm sure there must be one,
and I'm sure someone will go through describing it for me, but the game
just didn't captivate me the way EQ did). Planeshift looks
interesting, but is still too early in beta to judge how its economy,
and subsequently it's twinkishness, will develop; that, and you have to
write a freaking novel about your character before you can even play.

Umm... I think I kind of lost track of my original thought here...
bazaar == good idea, bad thing to do in a messed-up economy
environment. Still a good place to find other items, like foraged
goods for the non-foraging character, pre-crafted supplies for other
crafted items, and difficult to find components. Twink-gear aside,
it's often what the NPC merchants SHOULD be doing.

The festive doll and commemorative coin are OK, because they're
celebratory items being made available to everyone for a limited time.
Celebratory items are an exception to the Santa GM rule: I know many a
good GM who would happily give out some sort of "Yay!" item like this
if he managed to keep a game going for six years :D
--
Xiphos - Game mechanics-wise, EQ1 is still one of the better MMOs out
there I've tried. We'll see how I feel about WoW, but I do have to

Xiphos

Hey, I just found the quote function still floating about on Google
Groups completely by accident! :D How about that? Anyhow:

42 wrote:

> > The festive doll and commemorative coin are OK, because they're
> > celebratory items being made available to everyone for a limited
time.

> This I disagree with.
>
> > Celebratory items are an exception to the Santa GM rule: I know
many a
> > good GM who would happily give out some sort of "Yay!" item like
this
> > if he managed to keep a game going for six years :D
>
> In EQ you have X inventory slots to fill. So when you get a new item
it
> is almost always a case of being either:
>
> <an upgrade displacing existing item, or gratz rot>
>
> Now the doll is good enough that for nearly everyone under 60... and
> large number of people over 60 as well its an upgrade. That makes the

> doll pretty amazing.
>
> The downside is its just used up a slot on all those characters that
> won't be displaced for a very long time. Thus effectively moving a
huge
> chunk of existing content to the gratz rot category.
>
> A much better item would have been a ring with 5 charges of Rez
without
> rez effects. Its still uber and nearly everyone would want one, but
it
> wouldn't really interfere with the game long term. (I'd limit it to
one
> per character, like the scavenger hunt).

You make a good and valid point, and I agree that a limited-use,
limited acquisition item, such as the XP potion, would have been more
apropriate and desireable as a gimme. However, while the Festive Doll
and coin have just ousted a good chunk of otherwise must-have content
for many characters, they are also only being made available for a few
weeks. Once they are gone, they're gone (untill the 7th anniversary
gimme comes around, and the stats for the festive doll and
commemorative coin change once again), so anyone who missed out, for
whatever reason, during this time do not get them.

And it may yet turn out that, like many of last-years free gimme's,
once the festivities are over the freebie loses all of it's attribute
bonuses. We'll just have to see. If they keep the stats, then I will
be in complete agreement with you as regards to them not being a very
well thought out gimmes.
--
Xiphos - And then there are those who are so self-absorbed in their own
Uberness that they blithly pay upwards of 5K plat for that stupid doll

> On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 17:35:33 -0500, Impmon <impmon@digi.mon> wrote:
>
>>Another update that are useful is the ability to move your character
>>to home city when not logged in for 24 hours is also useful if you got
>>caught in a bad place.
>
> Do tell. And if my home city is West Frickin' Freeport, where they
> hate my guts for killing Lucan D'Lere about a zillion times...? Where
> do I pop when I /home?

I imagine the same place the origin AA puts you. Generally, they actually
did seem to have thought that out, and place the location a safe distance
from any potentially hostile NPCs.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
Graeme, 28 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage
Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 30 Provisioner

Xiphos

Faned wrote:
> I'm always amused by people who discuss things with such familiarity,
and
> yet it's obvious from what they say that they don't actually have any
> firsthand experience whatsoever.

Oh I never claimed to be intimately familiar with EverQuest. On the
contrary, I readily admit, and have so repeatedly in other discussion
threads, that I am quite new to EverQuest. I do, however, have a great
deal of familiarity with gaming in general, having played such games as
D&D, AD&D, GURPS, ShadowRun, MechWarrior, EarthDawn, D20, and to a
lesser extent, RIFTS and MekTon. And though EverQuest has, to date,
been the truest adaptation of a classic RPG system in FPS MMO I've
personally seen to date, my observations of the mentioned issues up
through to and including lvl 43 (highest lvl char I have seen from the
playing side) hold quite true. It is also my understanding that above
level 65, many of the games mechanics fall apart, with more than just
the economy to worry about. However, having no first-hand experience
with this, I do not feel qualified to comment.

I will, however, say that the game is more than just level 70.

> For example...
>

> > Mobs drop inordinate amounts of plat as level increases
>

> I'd say that, on average, I got more plat-per-mob at level 35 than I
do at
> level 70. In fact, 35-45 was pretty much the peak of
mob-plat-dropping,
> with mobs dropping several pp each. It hasn't gone up from there,
and in
> fact has drastically gone down on average, with entire *expansions*
worth of
> mobs not dropping a single copper.

Indeed. And other items dropped by the mobs, not readily placed into
your coin-slots, are you telling me these items do not also bring in
excessive ammounts of coin? If so, then that would be somewhat of a
reliefe, but would still in no way invalidate my statements in so far
as my own experience has shown, nor would it readily offset the
unbalanced coin:level ratio, given how rapidly plat becomes available,
either through direct coin drops or re-selling of dropped goods to
venders or other players.

If, however, these mobs you speak of do drop re-sellable items, and
these items sell for anything at or more than the 100 to 1K plat/day
I'm seeing at lvl 43, then I would recommend a course in ecenomics
before any more rash statements about speaking of things which are not
known /:)

No, even if the upper mobs don't drop a single coin or useful, sellable
item, I fail to see how this invalidates statements about the EQ
economy being severely broken.

As a completely off-topic aside, I would just like to say that the
T'Skrang were the BEST lizardman race EVER, ANYWHERE. :) If only
because I've never seen T'Skrang and Iksar mentioned in the same
sentance.
--
Xiphos - I mean, really, what are any of these sub-sapient creatures
doing with any kind of item other than their own body parts?

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 03:00:31 GMT, Tracey <rbrancher2@aol.com> wrote:

>> Do tell. And if my home city is West Frickin' Freeport, where they hate my guts for
>> killing Lucan D'Lere about a zillion times...? Where do I pop when I /home?
>
>Right into his lap. And he'll be sooooo happy to see you. :p

Then get an invis potion and chug it up right before you camp so when
you return to home, you'll be invis and have a good chance of making
out without a fight.

"Xiphos" <xiphos@rahul.net> writes:
> So, to answer your original question, yes, I feel the Bazaar is a
> center of twink gear that most good GM's would never even allow,
> however it is not so much the bazaar's existance that causes this so
> much as a messed up economy that's been broken ever since the game
> first debuted.

This reminded me of a D&D campaign I played in years ago. The PCs got
recruited by a goddess for a quest. (Aside: Turned out the goddess
had her own agenda and was just using us; we should've guessed, since
she was Chaotic Neutral, as was the GM. :) As part of the setup, we
were given several thousand gold each and turned loose in a bazaar
where ALL non-artifacts in the dungeonmaster's guide were available at
list price, plus several one-of-a-kind items the GM rolled up at random.
We got to equip ourselves with whatever equipment we thought was best,
up to the price limit that had been set.

First thing that happened in the adventure, we were sailing to our
destination and fell into a magical sleep. We awoke to find all of
our gear (magical and otherwise) had been stolen. Over the course of
the adventure we did manage to recover most of it, but only by
defeating the NPCs who were using it all against us!

-- Don.

-- Sukrasisx, Monk 52 on E. Marr Note: If you reply by mail,
-- Terrwini, Druid 50 on E. Marr I'll get to it sooner if you
-- http://www.iCynic.com/~don

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

In article <1112036982.129129.216040@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
xiphos@rahul.net says...

<snip> Generally we agree. =)

> The festive doll and commemorative coin are OK, because they're
> celebratory items being made available to everyone for a limited time.

This I disagree with.

> Celebratory items are an exception to the Santa GM rule: I know many a
> good GM who would happily give out some sort of "Yay!" item like this
> if he managed to keep a game going for six years :D

In EQ you have X inventory slots to fill. So when you get a new item it
is almost always a case of being either:

<an upgrade displacing existing item, or gratz rot>

Now the doll is good enough that for nearly everyone under 60... and a

Did you say something, "Davian" <davian@nospammindspring.com>?

>"Tracey" <rbrancher2@aol.com> wrote in message

>> Seeq Endestroi wrote:

>> > Do tell. And if my home city is West Frickin' Freeport, where they hate
>my guts for
>> > killing Lucan D'Lere about a zillion times...? Where do I pop when I
>/home?
>>
>> Right into his lap. And he'll be sooooo happy to see you. :p
>>

>Lets put it this way. That's *not* a corrupted Ghoulbane in his pocket.

Ew.

Cel
Retired druids & sundry
(Slightly available in AO)

"Celaeno" <celaeno@choklit.nospam.org> wrote in message
> Did you say something, "Davian" <davian@nospammindspring.com>?
>

> >"Tracey" <rbrancher2@aol.com> wrote in message

> >my guts for
> >/home?
> >>
> >> Right into his lap. And he'll be sooooo happy to see you. :p
> >>

> >Lets put it this way. That's *not* a corrupted Ghoulbane in his pocket.
>
> Ew.
>

> Cel
> Retired druids & sundry
> (Slightly available in AO)

Honor to serve, Milady :)

If you need any more interesting thoughts, you know where to find me.

--

Impmon <impmon@digi.mon> writes:
> Then get an invis potion and chug it up right before you camp so when
> you return to home, you'll be invis and have a good chance of making
> out without a fight.

I must admit I do prefer avoiding fights when I'm making out.

Or did you mean to say making IT out without a fight? :) :)