Sign in with
Your question

Random FPS drop?

Last response: in Video Games
June 13, 2012 3:12:35 AM

I'm having a problem with my computer where randomly during games I get a HUGE fps drop. It'll get to the point where I can't play at all. If I leave the game on for awhile it'll come back to normal fps, but eventually it'll drop again. This has happened in some of the bigger games like Skyrim and Diablo 3, but also in stuff like minecraft on the LOWEST setting. On top of that, I noticed that whenever this happens my processor makes a lot of noise. I think it's a fan or something, but I honestly don't know anything about computers. I was hoping someone could help me, because I'm pretty sure my computer is more than enough to run those games atleast on the lowest settings.

Here's a picture of my system information, since I don't actually know what I need to give you guys for some help.

Any help is appreciated, thank you!

More about : random fps drop

June 13, 2012 1:47:37 PM

from what you've given me so far, I'd say this is most likely overheating issue.

As to what is overheating, it could be your CPU, it could be your integrated GPU it might be both.
June 13, 2012 4:21:47 PM

I actually don't know what those are haha :S and I think I forgot to mention my graphics card. I have a NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GS, and I'm running windows vista.
Related resources
June 13, 2012 5:15:05 PM

the 95gt is below recomended for some games recently released also you have 6 gigs of ram but your running windows 32bit. swap to 64bit and get a better gfx card. if your psu allows it.
June 13, 2012 5:18:39 PM

I've been thinking of reformatting and getting 64bit ;o what's the 95gt? Sorry, i really don't know anything about computer hardware haha
!