Faxing in Windows XP Pro

Everytime I get an incoming fax in Windows XP Pro my machine freezes up. Is
there any reason for this? And if so how do I fix it? Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about faxing windows

    i have a 3 in one printer how do i set my comp to send and receive messages
    by fax,i am on broadband,i think i can send mess,but dont know if i can
    receive mess.does my tel num do for this,or do i have to set a special tel
    num,any help please.
    s halliday@ntlworld.com

    "tony" wrote:

    > Everytime I get an incoming fax in Windows XP Pro my machine freezes up. Is
    > there any reason for this? And if so how do I fix it? Thanks.

    No, there's no common reason for this. Do you get any error messages? Can
    you send faxes?

    Hal
    --
    Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
    Got Blues? - www.badnewsbluesband.com

    "tony" <armbrustertj@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Everytime I get an incoming fax in Windows XP Pro my machine freezes up.
    Is
    > there any reason for this? And if so how do I fix it? Thanks.

    If you have DSL, Sending a fax requires one of two methods:

    1. You obtain a DSL line filter suitable for connecting a standard voice
    telephone to the DSL line, then connect a regular analog fax modem to the
    line through the line filter. Your DSL provider has these filters, as does
    your local Radio Shack store:

    http://www.radioshack.com/category.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F004%5F004%5F002%5F000&Page=1&find=dsl%20filter(keyword)

    2. You hire an Internet E-faxing service:

    http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/fax.htm#internetfax
    Personal Fax Services - Internet Fax
    http://www.savetz.com/fax/
    FAQ: How can I send a fax from the Internet?

    If you have Cable or any other form of broadband that does not involve a
    telephone line, you must get a Fax modem and connect it to your telephone
    line if you wish to use XP Fax. the ONY other method available to you is an
    Internet E-Faxing service.

    Hal
    --

    "s halliday" <s halliday@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > i have a 3 in one printer how do i set my comp to send and receive
    messages
    > by fax,i am on broadband,i think i can send mess,but dont know if i can
    > receive mess.does my tel num do for this,or do i have to set a special tel
    > num,any help please.
    > s halliday@ntlworld.com
    >
    > "tony" wrote:
    >
    > > Everytime I get an incoming fax in Windows XP Pro my machine freezes up.
    Is
    > > there any reason for this? And if so how do I fix it? Thanks.

Fax Microsoft Windows XP