Faxing in Windows XP Pro

August 12, 2004 5:40:00 PM

Everytime I get an incoming fax in Windows XP Pro my machine freezes up. Is
there any reason for this? And if so how do I fix it? Thanks.

More about : faxing windows pro

Anonymous
August 13, 2004 9:19:03 AM

i have a 3 in one printer how do i set my comp to send and receive messages
by fax,i am on broadband,i think i can send mess,but dont know if i can
receive mess.does my tel num do for this,or do i have to set a special tel
num,any help please.
s halliday@ntlworld.com

"tony" wrote:

> Everytime I get an incoming fax in Windows XP Pro my machine freezes up. Is
> there any reason for this? And if so how do I fix it? Thanks.

Anonymous
August 14, 2004 2:50:00 AM

No, there's no common reason for this. Do you get any error messages? Can
you send faxes?

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
Got Blues? - www.badnewsbluesband.com

"tony" <armbrustertj@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:o D6THvJgEHA.3192@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Everytime I get an incoming fax in Windows XP Pro my machine freezes up.
Is
> there any reason for this? And if so how do I fix it? Thanks.

Anonymous
August 14, 2004 2:54:07 AM

If you have DSL, Sending a fax requires one of two methods:

1. You obtain a DSL line filter suitable for connecting a standard voice
telephone to the DSL line, then connect a regular analog fax modem to the
line through the line filter. Your DSL provider has these filters, as does
your local Radio Shack store:

http://www.radioshack.com/category.asp?catalog%5Fname=C...(keyword)

2. You hire an Internet E-faxing service:

http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/fax.htm#intern...
Personal Fax Services - Internet Fax
http://www.savetz.com/fax/
FAQ: How can I send a fax from the Internet?

If you have Cable or any other form of broadband that does not involve a
telephone line, you must get a Fax modem and connect it to your telephone
line if you wish to use XP Fax. the ONY other method available to you is an
Internet E-Faxing service.

Hal
--

!