Nancy

After installing Windows XP on my new computer, the Fax
Monitor was notifying me of incoming and outgoing faxes.
Suddenly the Fax Monitor quit working. All boxes are
checked to enable monitoring and sound. What could be
wrong?

Thanks

I've got the same problem. So, please let me know if you
get ananswer!!!... bcmortgage@yahoo.com

A number of standard update and repair procedures disabled the Fax Monitor
in the initial release of Windows XP. These problems were fixed in Service
Pack 1. Make sure you apply SP1 if you notice this problem. The following
may also apply:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/4a29389c214c78ea88256c75005f451a/713afacbd4135e0a88256c77007e526f?OpenDocument
Error: "Rule Default Block Netspy Trojan Horse Matched" when you start the
computer
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/46f26a2d6dafb0a788256bc7005c3fa3/c06387f12de9fa2a88256cf60063c54d?OpenDocument
Microsoft Fax Monitor does not function properly after installing Norton
Internet Security

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Nancy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After installing Windows XP on my new computer, the Fax
> Monitor was notifying me of incoming and outgoing faxes.
> Suddenly the Fax Monitor quit working. All boxes are
> checked to enable monitoring and sound. What could be
> wrong?
>
> Thanks

hank

I had the same problem but tracked it down to zonealarm.
The most recent upgrade killed the ballons, going back to
an earlier version solved my problem. Hope this helps.