Banner page - again :)

I've read in the some of the previous posts about the banner page
printing. I didn't see a post that answered my specific question.

Our setup is using Win2000 as the print server, but not Novell as in
other posts I've seen. The printer is a Xerox Document Center 220. A
couple of people are having the banner page print all the time even
when it is disabled on their machine and the server. The thing that is
odd is that it prints for some people, but not others. Me being one who
it doesn't print for.

Has there been a fix that has been found with this issue? Any help
would be appreciated.

--
beardly

Xerox has a built in banner page on the printer that is configured in the
driver whether it should print. This is configurable on the print server
that shares the printer in Printer, Properties, Advance, Printing Defaults,
Advanced. Look for Banner Page. This sets the default behavior that the
clients get when they make a connection to the server. The clients can
configure this on their local settings in Printer, Properties, General,
Printing Preferences, Advanced.

It is quite easy to disable this on the server but the clients can override
this setting if they which since it is supported by the driver rather than
the spooler.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team