Computer freezes when using Fax

August 13, 2004 1:04:30 AM

I have a XP Home Service Pack 1 using an Intel (r) 537 modem.Every time I
receive or send a fax the computer freezes.The computer will not switch off
from the tower.I do my cold reboot at the powerbar switch.Then everything
turns to normal, including the fax console.
Please can anybody help

Anthony

More about : computer freezes fax

Anonymous
August 19, 2004 6:11:40 AM

Please check whether the modem is a Microsoft certified
modem for fax as specified in
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/catalog/default.aspx?
subid=22&xslt=categoryl2&pgn=01a642fd-2790-420f-90bd-
85df6a377206

If it is there, check for any driver updates in the Intel
website. If so, try updating the driver. If not, forward,
the post to "Device Driver Development" newsgroup.

--
Archan Das

confers no rights.

Please do not send email directly to this alias. This
alias is for newsgroup
purposes only.

!