Computer freezes when using Fax

I have a XP Home Service Pack 1 using an Intel (r) 537 modem.Every time I
receive or send a fax the computer freezes.The computer will not switch off
from the tower.I do my cold reboot at the powerbar switch.Then everything
turns to normal, including the fax console.
Please can anybody help

Anthony
1 answer Last reply
More about computer freezes

    Please check whether the modem is a Microsoft certified
    modem for fax as specified in
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/catalog/default.aspx?
    subid=22&xslt=categoryl2&pgn=01a642fd-2790-420f-90bd-
    85df6a377206

    If it is there, check for any driver updates in the Intel
    website. If so, try updating the driver. If not, forward,
    the post to "Device Driver Development" newsgroup.

    --
    Archan Das

    confers no rights.

    Please do not send email directly to this alias. This
    alias is for newsgroup
    purposes only.

Fax Computers Switch Windows XP