deleting software

terri

xp is not letting me un-install my hp printer .It's
telling me that there may be an invalid path or it's
corrupted. What does this mean? I'm a rookie.

I downloaded my printer software to re-install because
the original software was acting strange and I lost my
original disc in a move.
When I went to re-install I encountered an error message
saying..could not find WINOLDAP.MOD and error 105 ???

So...I thought I might also get another copy of xp and
install it over the old to see if that might fix
everything I mentioned above. Does that sound like a
viable option?

Hi Terri,

Terrible problem ????
not exactly , not as you think to reinstall XP.. just perform a step by step
clean install and uninstall of the printer driver.

refer to manual and ikf this doesnt help delete the printer and the drivers
from the server properties window, restart windows it should clean the drivers

if this too doesnt help go to following path
c:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\w32*86 and delete everything from this
location and again restart the machine
now install the printer correctly

:)

"Terri" wrote:

> xp is not letting me un-install my hp printer .It's
> telling me that there may be an invalid path or it's
> corrupted. What does this mean? I'm a rookie.
>
> I downloaded my printer software to re-install because
> the original software was acting strange and I lost my
> original disc in a move.
> When I went to re-install I encountered an error message
> saying..could not find WINOLDAP.MOD and error 105 ???
>
> So...I thought I might also get another copy of xp and
> install it over the old to see if that might fix
> everything I mentioned above. Does that sound like a
> viable option?

Please Try to re-install it before unstalling.
"Terri" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> дÈëÏûÏ¢ÐÂÎÅ:529601c480ec$65475f70$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> xp is not letting me un-install my hp printer .It's
> telling me that there may be an invalid path or it's
> corrupted. What does this mean? I'm a rookie.
>
> I downloaded my printer software to re-install because
> the original software was acting strange and I lost my
> original disc in a move.
> When I went to re-install I encountered an error message
> saying..could not find WINOLDAP.MOD and error 105 ???
>
> So...I thought I might also get another copy of xp and
> install it over the old to see if that might fix
> everything I mentioned above. Does that sound like a
> viable option?

Uninstall the driver properly (link below) and reinstall XP compatible
printer drivers: