Your question

AHYJAR - new cpu - best place to buy?

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Overclocking
  • AMD
Last response: in Overclocking
August 9, 2001 11:51:43 PM

Im looking for cpu with maximum overclocking potential..this means an ahyja r over a ahyja y. Whats the best place to buy an amd cpu with ahyja r stepping?
Thanks

More about : ahyjar cpu place buy

August 10, 2001 1:35:29 AM

thanks, but it looks like theyre out of the 1Ghz which will do me, cant wait for it to be back in stock, as I really want to buy ASAP....Any ideas? Im still lookin...
Related resources
August 10, 2001 5:22:18 AM

i bought a 1.33 ayhja-y t-bird 3 days ago for $155 at pcnut.com.

...and i would have gotten away with it, if it weren't for you meddling kids...
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
August 20, 2001 1:37:16 AM

why is the ahyjar, a better overclocker?
August 20, 2001 8:02:09 PM

Because it is, shut up and deal with it :) 

It's the newest stepping for Tbirds. AMD is researching Overclocking Potential© technology, and the newer steppings have the newer technology.

<font color=blue>Quarter pounder inside</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Change the Sig of the Week!!!</font color=red>
August 20, 2001 8:36:34 PM

The little elfs they use to make the processors go are getting faster, what I mean is, everytime they make a processor, they catch the elfs, 1 elf is 1 megahertz generally(tho some are lazy!) by now, all the slow elfs have been caught(because theyre slow) and put in the slower first gen athlon chips,now every chip amd churns out is chock full of the faster more gooder elfs!

When you overclock a chip, you apply electricty to the elfs making them run around in pain, much faster(like the cat in the movie cats eye...the one about the cat) however, this can lead to their dying....poor elfs. The only worser way for the elfs to die is when amdmeltdork tries to apply the heatsink to their home(the core) poor little squished elfs!

Amd's athlon 4 processors will have genetically enhanced elfs in it, which will be very gooder.

(the above post was done totaly in jest, I do not use the term gooder, more better, etc in real life.)

no elfs were harmed in the making of this post asides from the ones amdmeltdork cooked this morning.

~Matisaro~
"Friends don't let friends buy Pentiums"
~Tbird1.3@1.55~
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
August 21, 2001 1:26:13 AM

good thing I'm studying electrical and computer engineering, else I couldn't follow the elf analogy :) 
August 21, 2001 5:27:41 PM

So AHYJA is the newest stepping. I just bought a 1.2 AXIA. I heard there is a good chance I can get this baby up to 1.4. True or not? I also got a 900MHz AGGA. Whats the potential on this stepping?
August 21, 2001 6:28:40 PM

I followed the analogy perfectly, and I've never taken a single college class...

Your AXIA should hit 1.5 without much difficulty (assuming the rest of your hardware is ok). I have an AVIA that will hit 1.4, and AXIA is better than AVIA.

Don't know about the AGGA, don't know anything about Duron steppings.

August 22, 2001 12:12:17 PM

AGGA, Duron? Uh oh... I'm pretty sure I was looking at my second Athlon when I read the AGGA. That'd really suck if some crappy online merchant duped me for a Duron! I better go check that processor when I get home.
August 22, 2001 5:18:28 PM

I could be wrong. It'll say Athlon or Duron at the top. If it's an Athlon, you may have been the first to find a new stepping.

Also, check in Sandra and make sure it has the right specs. For instance, Durons have 64k of L2 cache, Athlons have 256k.

I looked on Athlonoc (they have a database of steppings), and it's an older Tbird stepping. The 850 will go to 1050, according to them.

August 23, 2001 3:23:25 PM

That AGGA was on a 900MHz Athlon... 9x100 I assume.
!