russell

I have a hp1300 and when i upgraded to win xp pro from
win98 it gives me a spooler subsystem app error and will
not install the printer. I have reverted back to win98 and
uninstalled the printer and re ran the upgrade but no
change. I have also been on the knowledge base and
followed the registry entries requiered for such and error
but still no luck. Any help will be greatfully accepted
Thanks

You need to DISCONNECT the printer before the upgrade!

Also see the following KB article:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324757
--
Cari ((MS-MVP Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
www.coribright.com

"Russell" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a hp1300 and when i upgraded to win xp pro from
> win98 it gives me a spooler subsystem app error and will
> not install the printer. I have reverted back to win98 and
> uninstalled the printer and re ran the upgrade but no
> change. I have also been on the knowledge base and
> followed the registry entries requiered for such and error
> but still no luck. Any help will be greatfully accepted
> Thanks

TRENDING THREADS