can't delete printer, & doesn't see new netbios name locat..

August 13, 2004 4:05:11 PM

I moved the netbios name of my print server to a new machine. My XP Pro
client still prints to the old machine (printer name \\pq\dw213). If I
browse file shares (e.g. \\pq\tmp), I see the data on the new machine,
as I'd expect.

I'm using WINS for netbios name resolution, w/ netbios-node-type 8.

I thought I'd try deleting and reinstalling the printer. However, the
printer won't delete. The status reports 'deleting', but that's as far
as it gets. I can actually still use the printer. Rebooting doesn't
help.

??

--
Ron Peterson
Network & Systems Manager

Stop the Print Spooler first.... from the command prompt, type

net stop spooler

Then ensure you COMPLETELY uninstall,
Cari ((MS-MVP Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
www.coribright.com

!