Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

EQ1 Server Merger Gripe

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
March 28, 2005 4:11:33 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

It seems when Zek's consildated they let all the toons that were
affected transfer afterwards. On Modern Rasp, it feels as if we were
invaded by them. My ignore file has grown twice as long as before due
to casino scammers, beggers, and general idiots. Also, have seem more
instances of Ninja Looters (maybe just the Fabled bringing out the
ugly, shrug). Is it just me, or did other servers get a whole bunch of
griefers too ;p.

Oh yeah, NE on Modern Rasp (Kiix), thanks for the KS and the train from
the Warlord. I guess the 12 peeps standing in front while taking out
the side and back mobs were just in the way of your pull from the front
of the zone. Good job in pulling the whole room and dropin the adds on
us while buffers were medding. Ignore file just got one added.

BTW, two guild transfered over that I know off (Wolves of Zek and EOD,
some seem nice, some seem blech).

Slowping
64 Enchanter Modern Rasp

(Why Did the Chanter Cross the road and Die, To Get to The Third Broken
Straight Broken Mes, and what do you mean assist, I am assisting by
nuking all these mobs with my ubber aoe)
Anonymous
March 28, 2005 9:28:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

"slowping" <slowpingspam@yahoo.com> wrote:
] It seems when Zek's consildated they let all the toons that were
] affected transfer afterwards. On Modern Rasp, it feels as if we were
] invaded by them. My ignore file has grown twice as long as before due
] to casino scammers, beggers, and general idiots. Also, have seem more
] instances of Ninja Looters (maybe just the Fabled bringing out the
] ugly, shrug). Is it just me, or did other servers get a whole bunch of
] griefers too ;p.

I haven't noticed greifing, but there has been a slight jump in the
toon populatin in Zebuxoruk. I was starting a new toon on that
server recently, and suddenly glooming deep mines were full up with
around 20 new toons. I did wind up with several 'click-by-grouping'
demands and nothing said by /tell or /ooc... and a few adds to my
/ignore.

JimP.
--
djim70 at tyhe cableone dot net. Disclaimer: Standard.
http://crestar.drivein-jim.net/new.html AD&D March 28, 2005
http://evergame.drivein-jim.net/blog/ Everquest March 21, 2005
Registered Linux user#185746 http://linux.drivein-jim.net/
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 12:24:03 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 17:28:06 -0600, D.J. <jolly73@boingcableone.net>
wrote:

>I haven't noticed greifing, but there has been a slight jump in the
>toon populatin in Zebuxoruk. I was starting a new toon on that
>server recently, and suddenly glooming deep mines were full up with
>around 20 new toons. I did wind up with several 'click-by-grouping'
>demands and nothing said by /tell or /ooc... and a few adds to my
>/ignore.

If you didn't accept or deny and leave the invitation hanging, do you
notice if the old bug is still there? There used to be an issue when
the group was nearly full when a few more was invited and one accepts
to make the group full and the others doesn't accept or decline, those
toons can leech xp while outside of the group.
--
To reply, replace digi.mon with phreaker.net
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 11:55:28 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

Ian Penfold wrote:
> I can sympathise with you. Following the merge of KB with AB I have
also
> noticed some undesirable activities from shouting through buff
begging to
> use of the 'thebazaar' channel inappropriately. I am sure the
majority of
> players from KB are very responsible it's always the minority that
spoil
> things for everyone else.

There were definitely some bad apples on KB, but overall the population
was great. But I heard that people were being /petitioned after the
merge for simply using /auction (to sell stuff!) or /ooc (to talk out
of character!). It seems there has just been a huge culture clash
between two servers that treat their chat channels differently. I'm
sure it has been blown way out of proportion on both sides though.

Game on,
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 2:07:05 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 17:28:06 -0600, D.J. <jolly73@boingcableone.net> wrote:

>I haven't noticed greifing, but there has been a slight jump in the
>toon populatin in Zebuxoruk.

Do you think you guys will be coming home to The Rathe anytime soon? :->

Best regards,

Tim ==
(substitute 'tcsys.com' for 'nospam.co.uk')
_________________

Seeq Endestroi
Paladin of Mithanial Marr, The Rathe
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=507035

Grave Wisdom / Grave Intentions - a Rathe Guild
http://www.gravewisdom.com
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 2:54:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

I can sympathise with you. Following the merge of KB with AB I have also
noticed some undesirable activities from shouting through buff begging to
use of the 'thebazaar' channel inappropriately. I am sure the majority of
players from KB are very responsible it's always the minority that spoil
things for everyone else.

"slowping" <slowpingspam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1112040693.335447.100080@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> It seems when Zek's consildated they let all the toons that were
> affected transfer afterwards. On Modern Rasp, it feels as if we were
> invaded by them. My ignore file has grown twice as long as before due
> to casino scammers, beggers, and general idiots. Also, have seem more
> instances of Ninja Looters (maybe just the Fabled bringing out the
> ugly, shrug). Is it just me, or did other servers get a whole bunch of
> griefers too ;p.
>
> Oh yeah, NE on Modern Rasp (Kiix), thanks for the KS and the train from
> the Warlord. I guess the 12 peeps standing in front while taking out
> the side and back mobs were just in the way of your pull from the front
> of the zone. Good job in pulling the whole room and dropin the adds on
> us while buffers were medding. Ignore file just got one added.
>
> BTW, two guild transfered over that I know off (Wolves of Zek and EOD,
> some seem nice, some seem blech).
>
> Slowping
> 64 Enchanter Modern Rasp
>
> (Why Did the Chanter Cross the road and Die, To Get to The Third Broken
> Straight Broken Mes, and what do you mean assist, I am assisting by
> nuking all these mobs with my ubber aoe)
>
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 8:33:11 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

On 29 Mar 2005 07:55:28 -0800, "Oneiromancer" <OneirosSD@gmail.com>
wrote:

>
>There were definitely some bad apples on KB, but overall the population
>was great. But I heard that people were being /petitioned after the
>merge for simply using /auction (to sell stuff!) or /ooc (to talk out
>of character!). It seems there has just been a huge culture clash
>between two servers that treat their chat channels differently. I'm
>sure it has been blown way out of proportion on both sides though.

Remind me to clear out my old ignore list, many of them were for
bazaar casino scams and they are probably not around anymore. I just
wish I knew what server is going to merge with Vazaelle so I could
check it out and see if I end up setting a one day record for most
ignores added or not. I do hope there is at least one uber guild on
the other server to give Triality a hard time on Vazaelle. I won't
state reason for my beef against Triality guild on Vazaelle but I can
say I have NEVER heard anyone say a nice thing about that guild.
--
To reply, replace digi.mon with phreaker.net
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 10:33:46 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

"Oneiromancer" <OneirosSD@gmail.com> wrote in
news:1112111728.534974.243610@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

> Ian Penfold wrote:
>> I can sympathise with you. Following the merge of KB with AB I have
>> also noticed some undesirable activities from shouting through buff
>> begging to use of the 'thebazaar' channel inappropriately. I am sure
>> the majority of players from KB are very responsible it's always the
>> minority that spoil things for everyone else.
>
> There were definitely some bad apples on KB, but overall the population
> was great. But I heard that people were being /petitioned after the
> merge for simply using /auction (to sell stuff!) or /ooc (to talk out
> of character!). It seems there has just been a huge culture clash
> between two servers that treat their chat channels differently. I'm
> sure it has been blown way out of proportion on both sides though.
>
> Game on,
>

That was pretty much my take on it. On EMarr I have not noticed any
change post the Zek merger.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>
Ancient Graeme Faelban, Barbarian Soothsayer of 70 seasons

On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
Graeme, 28 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage
Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 30 Provisioner
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 12:18:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

Impmon <impmon@digi.mon> wrote:
] If you didn't accept or deny and leave the invitation hanging, do you
] notice if the old bug is still there? There used to be an issue when
] the group was nearly full when a few more was invited and one accepts
] to make the group full and the others doesn't accept or decline, those
] toons can leech xp while outside of the group.

I always deny 'click-by' group attemps.

JimP.
--
djim70 at tyhe cableone dot net. Disclaimer: Standard.
http://crestar.drivein-jim.net/new.html AD&D March 28, 2005
http://evergame.drivein-jim.net/blog/ Everquest March 21, 2005
Registered Linux user#185746 http://linux.drivein-jim.net/
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 3:20:19 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 16:33:11 -0500, Impmon <impmon@digi.mon> wrote:

[snip]


>Remind me to clear out my old ignore list, many of them were for
>bazaar casino scams and they are probably not around anymore. I just
>wish I knew what server is going to merge with Vazaelle so I could
>check it out and see if I end up setting a one day record for most
>ignores added or not. I do hope there is at least one uber guild on
>the other server to give Triality a hard time on Vazaelle. I won't
>state reason for my beef against Triality guild on Vazaelle but I can
>say I have NEVER heard anyone say a nice thing about that guild.

Vazaelle will be merging with Maelin Starpyre on May 9 :

http://eqlive.station.sony.com/community/dev_view.jsp?i...

http://members.cox.net/batchild1
http://members.cox.net/scorseseinfo
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 3:40:16 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

D.J. <jolly73@boingcableone.net> wrote:
] Impmon <impmon@digi.mon> wrote:
] ] If you didn't accept or deny and leave the invitation hanging, do you
] ] notice if the old bug is still there? There used to be an issue when
] ] the group was nearly full when a few more was invited and one accepts
] ] to make the group full and the others doesn't accept or decline, those
] ] toons can leech xp while outside of the group.
]
] I always deny 'click-by' group attemps.

My post is kinda funny, in that tonight I got hit by click-by group
attempt about an hour after I posted. Even when I /ooc for them to
stop, they continued. Had to put them on my ignore list.

JiMP.
--
djim70 at tyhe cableone dot net. Disclaimer: Standard.
http://crestar.drivein-jim.net/new.html AD&D March 28, 2005
http://evergame.drivein-jim.net/blog/ Everquest March 21, 2005
Registered Linux user#185746 http://linux.drivein-jim.net/
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 11:39:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

Did you say something, "Batchild (Sue M.)" <batchild1@NOSPAMcox.net>?

>On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 16:33:11 -0500, Impmon <impmon@digi.mon> wrote:
>
>[snip]
>
>
>>Remind me to clear out my old ignore list, many of them were for
>>bazaar casino scams and they are probably not around anymore. I just
>>wish I knew what server is going to merge with Vazaelle so I could
>>check it out and see if I end up setting a one day record for most
>>ignores added or not. I do hope there is at least one uber guild on
>>the other server to give Triality a hard time on Vazaelle. I won't
>>state reason for my beef against Triality guild on Vazaelle but I can
>>say I have NEVER heard anyone say a nice thing about that guild.
>
>Vazaelle will be merging with Maelin Starpyre on May 9 :
>
>http://eqlive.station.sony.com/community/dev_view.jsp?i...

Damn, they're really getting heavy handed with the merging now :) 
I see they're ditching some of the oldest server names. Pity; I would
have thought they'd try to keep the oldest gods where they could
rather than the newer names.
/em waves at her old bazaarmule & savings :p 


Cel
Retired druids & sundry
(Slightly available in AO)
Anonymous
March 31, 2005 2:28:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 23:40:16 -0600, D.J. <jolly73@boingcableone.net>
wrote:

>
>D.J. <jolly73@boingcableone.net> wrote:
>] Impmon <impmon@digi.mon> wrote:
>] ] If you didn't accept or deny and leave the invitation hanging, do you
>] ] notice if the old bug is still there? There used to be an issue when
>] ] the group was nearly full when a few more was invited and one accepts
>] ] to make the group full and the others doesn't accept or decline, those
>] ] toons can leech xp while outside of the group.
>]
>] I always deny 'click-by' group attemps.
>
>My post is kinda funny, in that tonight I got hit by click-by group
>attempt about an hour after I posted. Even when I /ooc for them to
>stop, they continued. Had to put them on my ignore list.

I have a dumb question--when you put someone on your /ignore list, do
you also then not see the "moron01 invites you to join a group, click
'accept' or 'decline' box" message? I also hate drive-by group
invites and always decline, so if I can add them to my /ignore list
and avoid seeing the group invite message that would be great.


>
>JiMP.

http://members.cox.net/batchild1
http://members.cox.net/scorseseinfo
Anonymous
April 1, 2005 11:04:11 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

"Batchild (Sue M.)" <batchild1@NOSPAMcox.net> wrote:
] On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 23:40:16 -0600, D.J. <jolly73@boingcableone.net>
] wrote:
] >My post is kinda funny, in that tonight I got hit by click-by group
] >attempt about an hour after I posted. Even when I /ooc for them to
] >stop, they continued. Had to put them on my ignore list.
]
] I have a dumb question--when you put someone on your /ignore list, do
] you also then not see the "moron01 invites you to join a group, click
] 'accept' or 'decline' box" message? I also hate drive-by group
] invites and always decline, so if I can add them to my /ignore list
] and avoid seeing the group invite message that would be great.

Hmm. I think the most recent one did /invite one more time. I'll
check my log file. Nope. They can still invite. But that invite
after the ignore was the last time that payer tried. Maybe they sent
me a /tell and found it blocked.

JimP.
--
djim70 at tyhe cableone dot net. Disclaimer: Standard.
http://crestar.drivein-jim.net/new.html AD&D March 28, 2005
http://evergame.drivein-jim.net/blog/ Everquest March 21, 2005
Registered Linux user#185746 http://linux.drivein-jim.net/
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 2:07:00 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 19:04:11 -0600, D.J. <jolly73@boingcableone.net>
wrote:

>
>"Batchild (Sue M.)" <batchild1@NOSPAMcox.net> wrote:
>] On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 23:40:16 -0600, D.J. <jolly73@boingcableone.net>
>] wrote:
>] >My post is kinda funny, in that tonight I got hit by click-by group
>] >attempt about an hour after I posted. Even when I /ooc for them to
>] >stop, they continued. Had to put them on my ignore list.
>]
>] I have a dumb question--when you put someone on your /ignore list, do
>] you also then not see the "moron01 invites you to join a group, click
>] 'accept' or 'decline' box" message? I also hate drive-by group
>] invites and always decline, so if I can add them to my /ignore list
>] and avoid seeing the group invite message that would be great.
>
>Hmm. I think the most recent one did /invite one more time. I'll
>check my log file. Nope. They can still invite. But that invite
>after the ignore was the last time that payer tried. Maybe they sent
>me a /tell and found it blocked.


Oh, that just made me think of another question! :-) When you have
someone on your /ignore list and they send you a tell, do they get a
message saying, "Sorry, you are on Soandso's /ignore list so they
cannot receive any tells from you" or something like that?

>
>JimP.

http://members.cox.net/batchild1
http://members.cox.net/scorseseinfo
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 12:55:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 19:04:11 -0600, D.J. <jolly73@boingcableone.net>
wrote:

>Hmm. I think the most recent one did /invite one more time. I'll
>check my log file. Nope. They can still invite. But that invite
>after the ignore was the last time that payer tried. Maybe they sent
>me a /tell and found it blocked.

I've tried this, /tell are not blocked so the teller has no way of
knowing of the tellee is ignoring or has the ignore list.
--
To reply, replace digi.mon with phreaker.net
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 7:24:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

Impmon <impmon@digi.mon> wrote:
] I've tried this, /tell are not blocked so the teller has no way of
] knowing of the tellee is ignoring or has the ignore list.

Well darn. Then why not ? Or is there another command that does
block /tell ?

D.J.
--
djim70 at tyhe cableone dot net. Disclaimer: Standard.
http://crestar.drivein-jim.net/new.html AD&D March 28, 2005
http://evergame.drivein-jim.net/blog/ Everquest March 21, 2005
Registered Linux user#185746 http://linux.drivein-jim.net/
Anonymous
April 3, 2005 4:33:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

D.J. <jolly73@boingcableone.net> writes:
> Impmon <impmon@digi.mon> wrote:
> ] I've tried this, /tell are not blocked so the teller has no way of
> ] knowing of the tellee is ignoring or has the ignore list.
>
> Well darn. Then why not ? Or is there another command that does
> block /tell ?

/tell IS blocked. However, the teller is not told about it.

I don't know if /invite is blocked.

-- Don.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
-- See the a.g.e/EQ1 FAQ at http://www.iCynic.com/~don/EQ/age.faq.htm
--
-- Sukrasisx, Monk 52 on E. Marr Note: If you reply by mail,
-- Terrwini, Druid 50 on E. Marr I'll get to it sooner if you
-- Wizbeau, Wizard 36 on E. Marr remove the "hyphen n s"
-- http://www.iCynic.com/~don
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 3:57:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 17:28:06 -0600, D.J. <jolly73@boingcableone.net>
wrote:
>I did wind up with several 'click-by-grouping'
>demands and nothing said by /tell or /ooc... and a few adds to my
>/ignore.

I always try to accept drive-by group invites, because in EQ1 there's
no penalty attached to doing so. I then just continue on with what
I'm doing. Usually, I get these offers while I'm doing something
*other* than hunting XP, and I'm more than willing to get free XP
while I'm tradeskilling or killing greens for loot drops.

Plus it's sometimes fun to be telling them (in PoD or wherever) "I'll
be there in a couple of minutes" while I'm travelling through Eastern
Wastes on my way to ToFS or KD.
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 6:19:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

gobble@degook.com (Ken Andrews) wrote in news:42512a75.1158813390@shawnews:

> On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 17:28:06 -0600, D.J. <jolly73@boingcableone.net>
> wrote:
>>I did wind up with several 'click-by-grouping'
>>demands and nothing said by /tell or /ooc... and a few adds to my
>>/ignore.
>
> I always try to accept drive-by group invites, because in EQ1 there's
> no penalty attached to doing so. I then just continue on with what
> I'm doing. Usually, I get these offers while I'm doing something
> *other* than hunting XP, and I'm more than willing to get free XP
> while I'm tradeskilling or killing greens for loot drops.
>
> Plus it's sometimes fun to be telling them (in PoD or wherever) "I'll
> be there in a couple of minutes" while I'm travelling through Eastern
> Wastes on my way to ToFS or KD.
>

That's kinda funny. Obnoxious as heck, but funny. :p 

--
Rumble
"Write something worth reading, or do something worth writing."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 6:37:33 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

Rumbledor <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> wrote in
news:Xns962E5EE5B5BE9Rumbledorhotmailcom@204.127.199.17:

> gobble@degook.com (Ken Andrews) wrote in
> news:42512a75.1158813390@shawnews:
>
>> On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 17:28:06 -0600, D.J. <jolly73@boingcableone.net>
>> wrote:
>>>I did wind up with several 'click-by-grouping'
>>>demands and nothing said by /tell or /ooc... and a few adds to my
>>>/ignore.
>>
>> I always try to accept drive-by group invites, because in EQ1 there's
>> no penalty attached to doing so. I then just continue on with what
>> I'm doing. Usually, I get these offers while I'm doing something
>> *other* than hunting XP, and I'm more than willing to get free XP
>> while I'm tradeskilling or killing greens for loot drops.
>>
>> Plus it's sometimes fun to be telling them (in PoD or wherever) "I'll
>> be there in a couple of minutes" while I'm travelling through Eastern
>> Wastes on my way to ToFS or KD.
>
> That's kinda funny. Obnoxious as heck, but funny. :p 
>

Less obnoxious then they are being to begine with. I'll have to keep
that in mind next time I get a drive by invite.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>
Ancient Graeme Faelban, Barbarian Soothsayer of 70 seasons

On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
Graeme, 28 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage
Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 30 Provisioner
!