Cobal Program - Dot matrix Printer - Windows XP

ray

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001

Situation:

140+ stores

Store Setup:
-2 New Computers, either HP or DELL
-Windows XP PRO
-One Parallel PCI card for an extra Parallel port.
-Networked either with DHCP off a firebox, or a standard
switch with static IP's
-One computer has two printers on it, the other has 1

Printer Type:
-OkiData ML320 Turbo. (Dot Matrix)Parallel cable

Computer Software:
Just windows XP and the store software which is actually
programmed in COBOL language :/

Problem:

When the store prints their documents through the program
or when they hit the Print-Screen Button to print a
screenshot of the program, it prints to the very last
line of the print job then it will pause before it prints
the last line for about 5-10 seconds. During this pause
the print head either jitters or moves back and forth, or
the printer moves the paper up and down, then it will all
of a sudden print the last line.

I cannot figure this out for some reason. The store were
running all DOS computers before with this COBOL program
and they didnt do this. I just upgraded them all in the
past year and now this problem has arisen. I have spoke
with OkiData and they havn't come up with a solution
either, I will have to call them again. If anyone has
any thoughts on this please let me know.

Thanks,

Ray.

I am assuming the app still runs in DOS (actually ntvdm).
decrease the WOW\LPT_Timeout value

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;102059
Registry Entries for NT Virtual DOS Machine (VDM):

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team