installing printer software Lexmark X85

I am running Windows XP Professional, when tring to
install the discs i keep getting an error message, the
error box title is:
16 bit windows Subsystem
the message reads:
C:\windows\system32\autoexec.NT
the system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and
microsoft windows application
Choose close to terminate the application.
The other option box is to ignore but whichever option is
chosen the application hangs as if it is still trying to
load, the only way to stop it is to re-boot
Please could you let me know how to get over this problem.
thanks in advance,
Dave

Ensure you have the latest drivers for the printer from the Lexmark website
(www.lexmark.com)

--
Cari ((MS-MVP Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
www.coribright.com