Sign in with
Your question
Solved

BF3 or Metro 2033 + Just Cause 2?

Last response: in Video Games
June 13, 2012 11:50:52 PM

Hey community,

Is BF3 worth the price? It's about $36 on amazon. Its a pretty good FPS game i have known, but kind a bit pricey. Metro 2033 is about $9, and Just Cause 2 is $11. Those two games are pretty much single player only, i think. I can either get BF3, or Metro 2033 and Just Cause 2 together. What are your opinions? Can anyone share their opinions about those games if you own one of these? Thanks. :D 

More about : bf3 metro 2033

June 14, 2012 12:04:05 AM

Depends..

If you like COD go with Metro and JC2
If you haven't tried other multilayer FPS much than give BF3 a go.

Or you could wait for the new COD game to come out. or AC3 to come out upto you
June 14, 2012 3:03:47 AM

b1bekgyawali said:
Depends..

Uhh, not goona wait until the next new COD game. Too expensive. Do you have one of those games?
Related resources
June 14, 2012 5:06:04 AM

go with BF3, it has amazing muliplayer gameplay, big maps and jets and lot team work and lot of dlcs, so addictive. (been playing it on my friend's account)

if i were you i would wait more for EA's summer sales might get down with 50% off, am gonna get that with the premium.

if you're not interested in online gameplay, get metro and JC2
June 14, 2012 6:39:37 AM

Metro and just cause 2
Metro is amazing and just cause 2 is fun for hours
June 14, 2012 7:32:06 AM

BF3 over Metro. BF3 for me has more replay value than Metro, which I've probably played only 2 times since I bought it when it came out. BF3 on the other hand I've already played about 4 time ssince it vame out, and that's only the single player. Multiplayer, yet to try. But I've heard people saying amazing stuff about the multiplayer too!

Only thing is, you're getting one great game for $36 as compared to two good games (IMO) for $20. I didn't like JC2 too much. Based on my experience on the 3 games, I'd say BF3.
June 14, 2012 7:45:40 AM

i own all three of these games.. as i said i cannot choose what u like..
i beleive all 3 of them are worth the money.

me personally i would wait for assaain creed3
June 14, 2012 8:07:27 AM

Bf3 from almost every review site go on about how bad the single player was and basically was only a visual accomplishment and less of a game.
The multiplayer is the star there.
Metro 2033 although only single player is extremely good and just cause 2 is endless explosive fun.
June 14, 2012 10:04:13 AM

b1bekgyawali said:

Umm... WTF :heink: 

June 14, 2012 10:08:11 AM

If you want one of the best single player FPS games ever made buy Metro 2033, the game is nothing short of amazing.

If you want one of the best multiplayer FPS games out at the moment buy BF3.

JC2 is OK but it is nothing compared to the other two IMO.
June 14, 2012 12:56:18 PM

Gothams Finest said:
Umm... WTF :heink: 

That was my reaction as well
June 14, 2012 1:04:58 PM

b1bekgyawali said:
Depends..

How can you say JC2 is like COD !?!?!?!?

June 14, 2012 8:10:24 PM

IDIOTS

I said that because there is no Point in having both COD and BF3.. and this is my personal opinion...

Both of them are pretty much the same type of game.. with the difference of map size/ vehicles.(yeha you can list lots more but i am just pointing out obvious.

I said if you like COD go with metro and JC2 as they would be something different not same ***..
June 14, 2012 8:13:17 PM

Metro 2033 is the best game to come out in years so... that one.

BF3 is definitely fun online, though.
June 14, 2012 8:14:52 PM

Hi :) 

I have Metro 2033 and agree the single player is amazing....

Question about JC2 though (which I have not got yet)...is it a First person shooter ?? as I thought it was third person (which I never play) ???

All the best Brett :) 
June 14, 2012 8:14:58 PM

b1bekgyawali said:
IDIOTS

I said that because there is no Point in having both COD and BF3.. and this is my personal opinion...

Both of them are pretty much the same type of game.. with the difference of map size/ vehicles.(yeha you can list lots more but i am just pointing out obvious.

I said if you like COD go with metro and JC2 as they would be something different not same ***..

That's not how "if you like" works. If you like ice cream, try gelatto. If you like driving your car, try go karting.

I think you mean "if you have CoD and/or are bored of it, try Metro and JC2 for something different"
June 14, 2012 8:17:38 PM

Calling everyone with a differing opinions idiots is denfinitely the way to get your point across.....
June 14, 2012 8:52:45 PM

Not gonna argue.. My fault my English grammar wasn't good enough..

and for the other Fact this is my personal opinion and i am just suggesting...

When i said if you like COD go with "Metro or JC2" as i previously said i personally think COD and BF are similar type of game and i was choosing among the 3 options he gave, so obviously i choose the ones that were different from COD
June 14, 2012 9:17:21 PM

I'm keep hearing a lot of good stuff about Metro 2033.

As someone that avoids multiplayer/FPS games, is Metro 2033 a worthy buy at $20 on Steam? Do the graphics and linear gameplay hold up to today's standards?

I normally get dizzy playing FPS games, but if the immersion and gameplay are enough to make me forget about the fact I will buy it. COD:MW 1 and 2 were this way for me. Call me weird, but I liked the pace/action of the campaign. Bioshock 1 and 2 were almost like that, but I still got dizzy at times. Halo almost made me puke. No offense on the graphics/story, but the movements just made me weezy.

Best solution

June 14, 2012 9:40:56 PM

BlueberryCake said:
I'm keep hearing a lot of good stuff about Metro 2033.

As someone that avoids multiplayer/FPS games, is Metro 2033 a worthy buy at $20 on Steam? Do the graphics and linear gameplay hold up to today's standards?

I normally get dizzy playing FPS games, but if the immersion and gameplay are enough to make me forget about the fact I will buy it. COD:MW 1 and 2 were this way for me. Call me weird, but I liked the pace/action of the campaign. Bioshock 1 and 2 were almost like that, but I still got dizzy at times. Halo almost made me puke. No offense on the graphics/story, but the movements just made me weezy.

The graphics and linear gameplay are at the top of today's standards. I don't see the term "linear" as derogatory, though.....it's just a way of developing a game, and some of the best games ever, IMO, have been very linear (F.E.A.R., Half-Life2, etc.....).

If playing FPS makes you dizzy / sick, however, don't expect Metro to do you any favors. I got a little queasy myself playing through it a few times. There are very few FPS that don't have that effect on me though (which sucks, because FPS is by far my favorite game type).

It's worth more than $20, and it's in my top 5 FPS titles in life.
June 14, 2012 9:43:10 PM

I would choose Metro 2033 and BF3
June 14, 2012 11:19:41 PM

Wow. Just came back from school, seeing lots of arguments here. One thing i want to know is that does BF3 requires good internet? My internet is kind of slow. 1.5 Mbits/s download, and 0.375 Mbits/s upload speed. Will my internet lag while playing BF3? I do play MW3, and it plays pretty smoothly, but sometimes the server lags... But BF3 will use lots of internet usage?
June 14, 2012 11:44:18 PM

:(  Noooooooooooooooooo

Having both COD and BF3 that is against my policy but there's nothing i can do...

BF3 normally lags on same level as MW3 if you are unlucky more than MW3 (I believe this might be due to 64 players on those Huge maps)

Sry only play BF3 no MW3 so i haven't compared hope someone else can help
June 15, 2012 3:22:34 AM

Brett928S2 said:
Hi :) 

I have Metro 2033 and agree the single player is amazing....

Question about JC2 though (which I have not got yet)...is it a First person shooter ?? as I thought it was third person (which I never play) ???

All the best Brett :) 

Just Cause 2 is a third person sandbox game, in a similar vein to the Grand Theft Auto series. The main objective, is to overthrow the government of a South Pacific island nation by causing Chaos. You cause Chaos by blowing up as much government property as possible. The player character also has a grappling hook that allows him to perform all sort of crazy stunts to help him achieve this goal.

It is quite fun, it is also a huge game world, quite possibly one of the largest sandboxes in existence, so there is plenty to do and explore. If you absolutely hate third person perspective games, then it might not be for you.
June 15, 2012 4:04:00 AM

Looks like I will go for Metro 2033 and Just Cause 2. Might getting BF3 later when it gets cheaper. Will BF3 get any cheaper in the summer times?
June 15, 2012 5:41:39 AM

yea ofc, EA will offer a discount for it, i'll be waiting for that too then i'll get the premium XD
June 15, 2012 2:46:53 PM

I think GameFly has BF3 at a slightly reduced price right now, but since EA just came out with their Premium *** and a new DLC, I think we'll see the price change soon on the vanilla game.
June 15, 2012 4:04:39 PM

In my opinion BF3! It is the best game I think I have ever played graphics are amazing and it has great multiplayer! I got my game for $60 when it came out and im very happy I did. Worth the money indeed my friend!
June 15, 2012 8:25:48 PM

Probably not getting BF3 now, i am not that rich, strictly limited on money... Probably like around $20 then i will get it lol.
June 16, 2012 5:34:33 AM

Metro 2033 OR BF3....either ways, you'll have spent the $$$ well! Go for Metro 2033 for now if you're cut on cash for now. It will keep you busy for a good while. Later, when you have saved up on the moolah, get BF3.

Enjoy!! :) 
June 16, 2012 2:47:21 PM

Thanks guys for all the responses! I would go for metro 2033 and Just cause 2 for now, when I save more money, I will get BF3. :D 
June 16, 2012 2:49:25 PM

Best answer selected by ipwn3r456.
!