Faxing from XP or Word

My fax modem work because I am online and I can fax from Outlook Express
however when I try to fax a document in XP or Word my computer freezes up and
eventually I get a message that XP or Word is not responding. Can anyone
help?
3 answers Last reply
More about faxing word

    It is impossible to fax while you are "On line"!

    "ES" <ES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My fax modem work because I am online and I can fax from Outlook Express
    > however when I try to fax a document in XP or Word my computer freezes up
    and
    > eventually I get a message that XP or Word is not responding. Can anyone
    > help?

    The basics of "FAXING" from your computer include:

    1. You must have a data/fax modem either internal to or external and
    connected to your computer.
    2. You must have a telephone line attached to your modem, above.
    3. You must have software that permits creating a facsimile image to
    transmit.
    4. You can EITHER (but not both, simultaneously) FAX or connect to the
    Internet.

    If you have not consulted the HELP functions within MS-Word and/or Win
    XP, take that route first.

    Good FAXING!

    --
    pawgrits

    When using MS Fax, check whether the Fax service
    is up and running in services.msc. And is the Fax Send
    wizard opening up when printing to a Fax printer.

    --
    Naresh Chandrasekaran,

    confers no rights.

    Please do not send email directly to this alias. This
    alias is for newsgroup purposes only.

Fax Windows XP