Faxing from XP or Word

ES

Distinguished
May 9, 2004

My fax modem work because I am online and I can fax from Outlook Express
however when I try to fax a document in XP or Word my computer freezes up and
eventually I get a message that XP or Word is not responding. Can anyone
help?

It is impossible to fax while you are "On line"!

"ES" <ES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My fax modem work because I am online and I can fax from Outlook Express
> however when I try to fax a document in XP or Word my computer freezes up
and
> eventually I get a message that XP or Word is not responding. Can anyone
> help?

The basics of "FAXING" from your computer include:

1. You must have a data/fax modem either internal to or external and
connected to your computer.
2. You must have a telephone line attached to your modem, above.
3. You must have software that permits creating a facsimile image to
transmit.
4. You can EITHER (but not both, simultaneously) FAX or connect to the
Internet.

If you have not consulted the HELP functions within MS-Word and/or Win
XP, take that route first.

Good FAXING!

--
pawgrits

When using MS Fax, check whether the Fax service
is up and running in services.msc. And is the Fax Send
wizard opening up when printing to a Fax printer.

--
Naresh Chandrasekaran,

confers no rights.

Please do not send email directly to this alias. This
alias is for newsgroup purposes only.