OVERCLOCK BIOSTAR M7MIA?

G

I know most of you havent heard of the MoBo Redfox M7MIA it has the AMD 761 northbridge and VIA686b (Check it out at www.redfox-online.com) but its actually the same as the BIOSTAR M7MIA. I got this board here at the Philippines. In fact, when i use the belarc software from www.belarc.com (got this from techtv)to detect my system profile it tells me that it is a biostar m7mia, weird. Anyway, has anyone ever overclocked the biostar board? It doesnt seem to have any jumper settings for the multiplier nor does it have any softclock settings in the bios :( Im running a pretty stable system right now and its time to try overclocking it! by golly! lets do it!

CURRENT SYSTEM:
Athlon tbird 1.2 with 266 FSB
REDFOX M7MIA
128 DDR(generic brand)
ASUS v7100 video card
SBLIVE 5.1
plextor 16/10/40 CDRW
sony 48x speed cd rom
300 watt ps (generic)
surecom lancard

If i wont be able to overclock this i might change it to the asus a7v133 or MSI k7 master s(MSI 6341) or the epox kt7a what do you guys think? I had bad experience with the ABITKt7a raid, i tried 2 of them with the setup i have above and it wouldnt detect my processor as 1.2 :( thats why im kinda hesitant to change boards right away especialy with pure via chipsets. I would really apprciate your opinions. thanks!

killall

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
living in the phillipines i presume you get hardware a bit before i do here in ye olde england... anyway if you can find a sis735 chipset mobo you should be pleased... overclocking hasnt been tested much on them by the public though...

if in doubt blame microsoft...

macodi

Distinguished
May 24, 2001
Stick with the AMD 761. If you're on a tight budget go with the FIC AD11 or if you have money to blow pick the Abit KG7.

--------------------------------------------------
How many men does it take to open a canned beverage? None. It should be open by the time she brings it.

G

Thanks for your reply guys! Problem is, REDFOX is the only available board here with the AMD 761 chipset, so far... I do have some options like the epox 8k7a+ but i havent seen that much posts about it yet. Oh, and one more, the ASUS a7v133 is available too! watdoyouguyzthink?

G

The 8K7a+ raid is terrific for overclocking and the asus board is also a good board, best yer get researching the reviews and the respective web sites. Both of the above are stable once set up properly :wink:

<font color=blue>THG needs 2 change the sig' of the week errrr century!</font color=blue>

G

well i gez therz no chance for my biostar M7MIA or rather REDFOX M7MIA to be overclocked huh? ok then time to look for a buyer! My friend has an eopx with a 1.2g TBIRD overclocked to 1.43 and is running very stable. The only thing is ill be going back to SDRAM :( DDR has done me a lot of good from this machine. HMMM, whatabout i wait for the SIS chip? AAAAAAAARRRRRGHHH. Heeeeeelp!