USB trouble with printer

August 14, 2004 1:03:15 PM

I have a Kyocera FS1020D B&W laser printer. I bought a
new computer with Windows XP (home) and my technician
completed the basic setup, including installing the
printer using the USB port. The printer worked fine. The
next day I installed my Adobe software, card reader, PDA
and Office. After these installations, my printer stopped
printing using the USB cable, but is fine (if slow is
fine) using the parallel cable.

Since then I have had a computer technician and the
printer technician repeatedly uninstall and reinstall the
printer driver with no luck. The printer prints with the
USB cable on my other Windows XP computer. All the USB
ports on the problem computer work with other hardware.

Any ideas about the cause and the solution to this
problem?

Thank you.

More about : usb trouble printer

August 14, 2004 9:34:23 PM

Uninstall the printer, your Adobe software, card reader,
PDA and Office.
Reboot.
Reinstall the printer.
Does it work with USB now?
If not, it's the printer.
If so, reinstall your Adobe software ONLY.
How's the printing?
Follow these steps for the card reader, PDA and Office,
one at a time, testing the printer after each re-install.
If the printer doesn't work after installing one of the
programs, there's the conflict.
Contact the manufacturer of the program which is causing
the conflict.

Anonymous
August 16, 2004 4:14:00 PM

USB Card Reader?

If so, your PSU is possibly not of a high enough wattage to support all the
devices you now have installed.
--
Cari ((MS-MVP Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
www.coribright.com

!