Sign in with
Your question

Agni's Philosophy Tech Demo

Last response: in Video Games
June 14, 2012 11:45:37 AM

Best hair rendering I've seen yet!

http://www.agnisphilosophy.com/en/
June 14, 2012 2:18:10 PM

I couldn't watch the vid, only the screenshots, and I've got to say that pic right at the top of the page looks almost photo-realistic, which is amasing, but since this is a final fantasy studio, I think many will agree with me, it's expected of them to push that level of detail on character models in their games.

PS> isn't luminous studio the ones that made luminous ark series?
m
l
June 14, 2012 6:09:37 PM

AntiZig said:
I couldn't watch the vid, only the screenshots, and I've got to say that pic right at the top of the page looks almost photo-realistic, which is amasing, but since this is a final fantasy studio, I think many will agree with me, it's expected of them to push that level of detail on character models in their games.

Yeah...the modeling here is wretchedly good for sure, but it IS a tech demo after all. What impresses me is this is the first real-time game engine demo where the character models had something that resembled REAL HAIR.

I know......it's a thing with me, but I hate the plastic hair "cap" we have had in games forever. Ever since playing Alice MR, I've come to expect nothing less than real hair. ;) 
m
l
June 14, 2012 10:09:08 PM

Yeah I watched that one the other day along with the new Unreal 4 demo - with the lava dude.

Both are amazing, but definitely the hair/cloth in FF looked awesome. Unreal appears to have really good physics though.
m
l
!