Say Annie...what do we do now?

You know, about the server merger prediction contest?

http://eqlive.station.sony.com/community/dev_view.jsp?id=64038

"Merging Servers
The most recent server merges are complete and both newly merged servers are
showing a healthy population and, as with the combined Zek servers, exceeding
their previous combined population totals. As such, beginning April 11th and
continuing until the completion of the process, we will continue merging all
standard rule-set servers. The servers will be merged in the following order,
on the dates listed.

4/7 Brell Serilis merges with Cazic Thule and will be listed as Cazic Thule
4/11 Morden Rasp merges with Povar and will be listed as Povar.
4/11 Lanys T'Vyl merges with The Seventh Hammer and will be listed as The
Seventh Hammer.
4/14 Tarew Marr merges with Drinal and will be listed as Drinal.
4/18 Mithaniel Marr merges with Saryrn and will be listed as Saryrn.
4/18 Tholuxe Paells merges with The Rathe and will be listed as The Rathe.
4/21 Ayonae Ro merges with The Tribunal and will be listed as The Tribunal.
4/25 Veeshan merges with Luclin and will be listed as Luclin.
4/28 Karana merges with Bertoxxulous and will be listed as Bertoxxulous.
5/2 Innoruuk merges with The Nameless and will be listed as The Nameless.
5/5 Zebuxoruk merges with Xegony and will be listed as Xegony.
5/9 Vazaelle merges with Maelin Starpyre and will be listed as Maelin
Starpyre.
5/12 Rodcet Nife and Quellious and will be listed as Quellious.
5/16 Morrell Thule and Erollisi Marr and will be listed as Erollisi Marr.
5/19 Xev merges with Druzzil Ro and will be listed as Druzzil Ro.
5/23 Torvonnilous and Fennin Ro and will be listed as Fennin Ro
5/26 Terris Thule and Prexus and will be listed as Prexus.
5/30 E'ci and Tunare and will be listed as Tunare.
We understand that server identity is important to our customers and we will
be integrating server titles into the title system to allow you to display
your server of origin, should you desire to do so. The server title system
will go live with our April 6th Update."

Whoa.

--
Simond
"I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your

"Simond" <apocalypsecow@spamfilterdeletemeplease.dsl.pipex.net>
wrote:
] 5/5 Zebuxoruk merges with Xegony and will be listed as Xegony.

Hmmm...

Well... I liked Zebuxoruk just the way it was. Mostly quiet.

JimP.
--
djim70 at tyhe cableone dot net. Disclaimer: Standard.
http://crestar.drivein-jim.net/new.html AD&D March 28, 2005

Sorry to be responding to this so late. I've been having a bit of
trouble getting my news reader to let me send posts, and maturely dealt
with it by just wandering away from Usenet altogether for a while (that
showed it who was boss!)

The server merger pool has already been won and laid to rest. I
still have to say, though, that I am pretty surprised at the speed at
which the various servers are folding in on themselves. Two years ago,
heck, even maybe just one year ago, I would have been inclined to flame
anyone who predicted this outcome.

I still think that EQ will be around for its 10th anniversay... but
I'm not willing to bet any money on it now.

Anne

"Annie Benson-Lennaman" <teapray@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Sorry to be responding to this so late. I've been having a bit of
> trouble getting my news reader to let me send posts, and maturely dealt
> with it by just wandering away from Usenet altogether for a while (that
> showed it who was boss!)
>
> The server merger pool has already been won and laid to rest. I
> still have to say, though, that I am pretty surprised at the speed at
> which the various servers are folding in on themselves. Two years ago,
> heck, even maybe just one year ago, I would have been inclined to flame
> anyone who predicted this outcome.
>
> I still think that EQ will be around for its 10th anniversay... but
> I'm not willing to bet any money on it now.
>
> Anne

it depends.... it go on for ages quietly, like a white dwarf. Ah but it
shone bright in it's day. Perhaps they could pillage ideas from the eq2 team
to save costs, after all it's not like they'd sue themselves for breach of
copyright.

"Annie Benson-Lennaman" <teapray@yahoo.com> writes:
> I still think that EQ will be around for its 10th anniversay... but
> I'm not willing to bet any money on it now.

Who said anything about money? Last I knew, you were betting
imaginary VW vans!

-- Don.

-- Sukrasisx, Monk 52 on E. Marr Note: If you reply by mail,
-- Terrwini, Druid 50 on E. Marr I'll get to it sooner if you
-- Teviron, Knight 11 on E. Marr