Steve Jobs is Sick Again, Takes Another Leave

Status
Not open for further replies.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
While many in the forums bash Steve and his products, he has been an innovator and is an icon in the personal computing and technology world. For that, he deserves our respect and I, for one, hope he gets well soon.

plznote

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2010
[citation][nom]wildwell[/nom]@f14 & Kaiser_25:How about the computers in front of your faces, components made @ Foxconn too, am I right?[/citation]

Nah, Custom Built.
But you were not talking to me so I'll shut up! :)

Milleman

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2006
Personally I don't like iPhone, iPad and Mac-computers. But without Steve's commitment och will to produce spectacular products, I doubt that we would see any smartphones or tablet computers to this date. Let the Mac-lovers sponsor Steve and his projects, while I'll pick and chose which gadget and brand I personally like.

Hope you get well Steve!

douglasdarden

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011
I like Steve Jobs... He's very passionate about the company he runs... It's contagious because the public is contagious about the product they put out...

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
Don't like Apple's products but the way they've pushed technology forward has been great. I can't help but feel the other companies I buy from have better products because of his competition.

So, hope you're doing better soon, Steve.

G

Is your neighbour a big player in consumer electronics, if not it may explain why the news is not here on Tom's Hardware. Hope she gets well soon.

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
[citation][nom]plznote[/nom]Nah, Custom Built.But you were not talking to me so I'll shut up![/citation]
It's already been stated that Foxconn makes a number of 'pieces' for that custom built. Unless it's "Anti-Foxconn Certified" it could still be apart of Foxconn's personal touch.
Which is fair in it's own right, they produce cheap hardware for decent quality. Not amazing, but most Companies would want what gets them the more money then the year before.

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
Oh, and here's for a speedy recovery to Steve Jobs as well...or at least a modest recovery where you aren't forced to be in bed rest soon after.
I'm sure he'd be happy to see this topic, although there's the common hate there's no disrespect to him personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.