scanjet 3300C problem

a b α HP
August 15, 2004 3:55:02 AM

I have winxp Home since last 8 months and the scanner and camera wizard would
do its work nicely immediately I would press the left button of the scanner.
A couple of days back my HP scanner scanjet3300c did not work. It
would do some 'murmering' --- I could watch that the light would travel up
to an inch from the top and then go back to the starting point and then
finally give an error message ---- 'an undefined program error has
occurred'. Booted rebooted but the scanner and camera wizard would finally
give the same message at
the point of Preview. I thought finally I need to download the scanner
driver from HP. Downloaded the driver sj650en.exe (54.1 MB) and
sj649mu.exe(668KB
update). Installed the driver. After installation and rebooting, I tried to
scan with the HP PrecisionScan LT Software. I get an error "An undefined
program error has occurred 2117". Tried to find from the HP site the
soultion of the problem but of
no luck. The instructions given by the HP on this error did not solve the
problem.

The HP PrecisionScan LT window does not scan the document and ultiomately I
get the error ---not responding. Can anyone please throw light on the problem
and how to fix it. I scan at present through Scanner & Camera Wizard.

igno

More about : scanjet 3300c problem

Anonymous
a b α HP
September 6, 2004 5:00:05 PM

"igno2" wrote:
> I have winxp Home since last 8 months and the scanner and
> camera wizard would
> do its work nicely immediately I would press the left button
> of the scanner.
> A couple of days back my HP scanner scanjet3300c did not work.
> It
> would do some ’murmering’ --- I could watch that the light
> would travel up
> to an inch from the top and then go back to the starting point
> and then
> finally give an error message ---- ’an undefined program
> error has
> occurred’. Booted rebooted but the scanner and camera wizard
> would finally
> give the same message at
> the point of Preview. I thought finally I need to download the
> scanner
> driver from HP. Downloaded the driver sj650en.exe (54.1 MB)
> and
> sj649mu.exe(668KB
> update). Installed the driver. After installation and
> rebooting, I tried to
> scan with the HP PrecisionScan LT Software. I get an error "An
> undefined
> program error has occurred 2117". Tried to find from the HP
> site the
> soultion of the problem but of
> no luck. The instructions given by the HP on this error did
> not solve the
> problem.
>
> The HP PrecisionScan LT window does not scan the document and
> ultiomately I
> get the error ---not responding. Can anyone please throw light
> on the problem
> and how to fix it. I scan at present through Scanner & Camera
> Wizard.
>
> igno

I spent several evenings almost pulling my hair out trying to find a
fix for this stupid problem. Believe me, finding the answer was like
looking for a needle in a haystack since this fix doesn’t seem to be
widely known. I’m certainly no computer wiz, but this is what finally
worked for me...

Apparently, there is a conflict between the Scanjet 3300c drivers and
those used by the "Windows Image Acquisition" (WIA) in Windows XP.
If they’re both trying to work at the same, the scanner doesn’t work.
Here’s what you do to turn off WIA: Go into Control Panel ->
Administrative Tools -> Services -> WIA -> (Right-click) Properties ->
Disable -> Apply.

Then reboot your computer and your scanner should be working properly
again. I use the HP scanning software, not the Scanner & Camera
Wizard, so I don’t know if this will work for you but good luck!

Debby

--
http://www.WindowsForumz.com/ This article was posted by author's request
Topic URL: http://www.WindowsForumz.com/Print---Fax-scanjet-3300C-...