I have been trying to install the above printer for the
past couple of days. Initially I was unable to install
the software message stating driver not intended for this
platform kept appearing. However I now seem to have
loaded the software but when I try to print the following
message appears " Incorrect port being detected.
This printer is designed to work with usb cables only.
The current software setting is not set to USB port.
However all the USB ports are enabled and working properly.
Any ideas on what to do next?

Thanks
Odran

Navigate to Start Printers and faxes. Delete any and all listings for the
printer.

Go to the Lexmark www site
http://www.lexmark.com/lexmark/site/home/0,6932,204816596_0_0_en,00.html

Click on Drivers and Downloads
Find Lexmark LX 5150 in the list and click on it.
Click on Windows XP

Download both the driver and the patch. After downloading, click on the
driver file to initiate the install. Do _not_ connect the printer to the
computer until told to do so by the instructions.

After the driver is installed, install the patch.

Let us know.

Tom
MSMVP-DTS

"Odran Reid" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been trying to install the above printer for the
> past couple of days. Initially I was unable to install
> the software message stating driver not intended for this
> platform kept appearing. However I now seem to have
> loaded the software but when I try to print the following
> message appears " Incorrect port being detected.
> This printer is designed to work with usb cables only.
> The current software setting is not set to USB port.
> However all the USB ports are enabled and working properly.
> Any ideas on what to do next?
>
> Thanks
> Odran

usb adapter when I bought my printer. so where ever you
bought it ask for adapter. Mine is model: usb2-6f 1v. I
hope this helps.

I'm having simular problems..except when i try to install drivers a little
screen comes up and says:user cancelled...please wait. and then closes
before i can even install the patch.....please help,thank you