We Want this PC Case/LCD Hybrid. Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have to do some serious gymnastics to be able to see the front panel of my case. As for monitoring some fans/temps, the dot matrix displays are more than enough. Overkill, if you ask me.

Mark Heath

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010
I think it'd be cheaper and be more functional in the end if you just modded a big screen onto the right hand side of an appropriately sized case... not the same thing.. but $1500 :O

fstrthnu

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
This reminds me of a question I saw on an imageboard recently, someone was asking how they could get a secondary display on their case for system diagnostics and whatnot. Looks like the companies were listening

cewhidx

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2008
This is an innovative idea...perhaps make an attachment that will work on other pc cases, or clip on the side of an existing monitor. I'd love an extra little screen like that just to remove clutter from my desktop.

barstard_features

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2010
[citation][nom]peterdigby[/nom]Would be OK if your PC was on the desk.Wonder if you could put the Windows 7 sidebar / sidebar gadgets on the screen???[/citation]
Did you even read the the article ?

kelemvor4

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]Randomacts[/nom]I would buy that for $300 for for 1500? To many zeros.[/citation]
Exactly what I was thinking. For $1500 it better include a high end i7 CPU, motherboard, 8+GB ram, hard drives, and good video card.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
seems like i could add this feature to my current case with an old monitor and a roll of duct tape ... hange on... yerp and since its flame pattern duct tape it'll make the computer go faster as well! (flames make thing go faster, ask any car guy)

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Too gimicky to be truly useful. Still I have to admit, it does have a certain "bling" factor for those with too much money and not enough sense.

For the cost of this questionable case, you could build a massively capable beast and have it still look good. Not for me. Pass.

ricdiculus

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009
cut the price to $500, rotate the display so it will work horizontaly, and you've got the ultimate HTPC case. (as long as there is enough quite cooling)Better stil make it a touch screen as long as were dreaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.