Geforce2 Cooling

G

Hi.

I've recently purchased a ABIT Geforce2 MX400. I've noticed that it runs very hot and have read that I should implement some sort of cooling solution for it.

Currently I have one of those slot fans blowing on it.. it's the kind that just sits in the PCI slot but doesn't actually plug into it. It seems to be doing the job, but the only trouble is it takes up 2 PCI slots. I'd like to get one that only takes up 1 slot and preferably just plugs into the PCI slot itself for power, instead of sitting on top and plugging into a power cable.

Can anyone reccomend a good solution for me?

killall

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
if youre not overclocking the card you have no reason to worry about heat... if it breaks down get a replacement...

if in doubt blame microsoft...

G

Actually I do have to worry about cooling it. It runs really hot, even not overclocked. It has no fan on the heatsink... If I don't have anything blowing on the card then I get lockups and [-peep-] in games. When I do have the fan on it, everything is fine.

Why would I blame Microsoft?

killall

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
then get a replacement card because yours should run at stock... if in doubt blame microsoft is my sig... you should blame microsoft for instabilities

if in doubt blame microsoft...

G

yep new card, or yer case temps are way over the top and whats the fsb set at?.

Medication helps :smile:
<font color=blue>THG needs 2 change the sig' of the week errrr century!</font color=blue>