Problems with xp/DSL/fax

I cannot send fax with the BCM v.92 56K modem Using v.9x 56k (capable)
data/fax modem software for Microsoft Windows that came on my Dell Computer.
It shows it is sending message for 50 seconds and then says error in
receiving message.The
Fax modem box show to check answer now box.I spent 7 hours with Dell's so
called Technical Department and only got one bit of advice reinstall drivers.
That did not work.
A friend of mine offered this suggestion Unplg phone from line
filter,install jumper from filter to back of computer (line socket) then plug
phone in phone outlet where it was befor Dsl. He says I can run both DSL and
Dial up modems using the dial up for Fax and dialing,DSL for e-mail and
browsing.
Will this work. Sure would like to know. Sama@flash.net
2 answers Last reply
More about problems

    Depends entirely on the DSL connection.
    --
    Cari ((MS-MVP Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
    www.coribright.com

    "Sama" <Sama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I cannot send fax with the BCM v.92 56K modem Using v.9x 56k (capable)
    > data/fax modem software for Microsoft Windows that came on my Dell
    Computer.
    > It shows it is sending message for 50 seconds and then says error in
    > receiving message.The
    > Fax modem box show to check answer now box.I spent 7 hours with Dell's so
    > called Technical Department and only got one bit of advice reinstall
    drivers.
    > That did not work.
    > A friend of mine offered this suggestion Unplg phone from line
    > filter,install jumper from filter to back of computer (line socket) then
    plug
    > phone in phone outlet where it was befor Dsl. He says I can run both DSL
    and
    > Dial up modems using the dial up for Fax and dialing,DSL for e-mail and
    > browsing.
    > Will this work. Sure would like to know. Sama@flash.net

    You can get a DSL line filter for the phone line going from the wall to
    computer's anlog modem and see if that works. Mine does. And if your modem
    is compatable with XP. Check here to see if your modem is on the list:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/catalog/default.aspx If it's not on the
    list it probably won't work.

    "Sama" <Sama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I cannot send fax with the BCM v.92 56K modem Using v.9x 56k (capable)
    > data/fax modem software for Microsoft Windows that came on my Dell
    Computer.
    > It shows it is sending message for 50 seconds and then says error in
    > receiving message.The
    > Fax modem box show to check answer now box.I spent 7 hours with Dell's so
    > called Technical Department and only got one bit of advice reinstall
    drivers.
    > That did not work.
    > A friend of mine offered this suggestion Unplg phone from line
    > filter,install jumper from filter to back of computer (line socket) then
    plug
    > phone in phone outlet where it was befor Dsl. He says I can run both DSL
    and
    > Dial up modems using the dial up for Fax and dialing,DSL for e-mail and
    > browsing.
    > Will this work. Sure would like to know. Sama@flash.net

Fax Modem Microsoft DSL Windows XP