Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

All EQ servers are merging!

Tags:
  • Games
  • Servers
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 12:25:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

From: http://eqlive.station.sony.com/community/dev_view.jsp?i...

Merging Servers

The most recent server merges are complete and both newly merged servers
are showing a healthy population and, as with the combined Zek servers,
exceeding their previous combined population totals. As such, beginning
April 11th and continuing until the completion of the process, we will
continue merging all standard rule-set servers. The servers will be
merged in the following order, on the dates listed.



4/7 Brell Serilis merges with Cazic Thule and will be listed as Cazic Thule

4/11 Morden Rasp merges with Povar and will be listed as Povar.

4/11 Lanys T'Vyl merges with The Seventh Hammer and will be listed as
The Seventh Hammer.

4/14 Tarew Marr merges with Drinal and will be listed as Drinal.

4/18 Mithaniel Marr merges with Saryrn and will be listed as Saryrn.

4/18 Tholuxe Paells merges with The Rathe and will be listed as The Rathe.

4/21 Ayonae Ro merges with The Tribunal and will be listed as The Tribunal.

4/25 Veeshan merges with Luclin and will be listed as Luclin.

4/28 Karana merges with Bertoxxulous and will be listed as Bertoxxulous.

5/2 Innoruuk merges with The Nameless and will be listed as The Nameless.

5/5 Zebuxoruk merges with Xegony and will be listed as Xegony.

5/9 Vazaelle merges with Maelin Starpyre and will be listed as Maelin
Starpyre.

5/12 Rodcet Nife and Quellious and will be listed as Quellious.

5/16 Morrell Thule and Erollisi Marr and will be listed as Erollisi Marr.

5/19 Xev merges with Druzzil Ro and will be listed as Druzzil Ro.

5/23 Torvonnilous and Fennin Ro and will be listed as Fennin Ro

5/26 Terris Thule and Prexus and will be listed as Prexus.

5/30 E'ci and Tunare and will be listed as Tunare.

We understand that server identity is important to our customers and we
will be integrating server titles into the title system to allow you to
display your server of origin, should you desire to do so. The server
title system will go live with our April 6th Update.

Unutilized Character Purge

Immediately preceding the merger, all characters below level 10 that
have not been logged in for over six months will be deleted from each of
the merging servers and will not be available after the server merge.
If you have a character on any of the servers being merged that is below
level 10 and has not been logged in for more than six months, you will
need to log that character in prior to the scheduled merge date for the
relevant server.

Shared Banks on Merging Servers

If you have characters on two servers which are being merged together,
you will need to clean out the shared bank on one of those servers.
After the merge, only one shared bank will be available on each merged
server.

Character Limitations

If you have more than eight characters in total on the two servers being
merged, only the first eight characters (in alphabetical order) will be
displayed after the merge. Characters other than the eight displayed
characters will not be available for selection until currently displayed
characters are deleted. All characters from both servers will remain on
your account provided that the character was above level 10 and had been
logged into game within the last six months.

Corpses

Prior to the scheduled merge date for your server(s), please be sure
that you clear any unclaimed character corpses from the world.
Character corpses will not be transferred to the newly-merged server.
Once the merger is complete, all corpses on the servers affected by a
merge will have been purged.

Duplicate Character Names

It is possible that characters on servers affected by the merge will
have duplicate names. In the event that characters on the new, combined
server do share a name, the character with the most played time will be
entitled to keep the name. All other characters will have the letter X
appended to their name and will be eligible for a name change.
Characters can use the in-game /changename command to request a new
name. The new name is subject to the conditions set forth in our naming
policy which can be found here: Naming Policy.

LDoN Leader Boards

After each merge is completed, as characters log into their
newly-combined server, the leader board will be re-populated with
standings. Although your points will be unaffected by the transfer, your
standing may have changed based on the new, combined population totals.

Complimentary Character Move

Shortly after each merger is complete, we will allow all customers
affected by a merge a one-time, complimentary character move to the
server of their choice. For each customer with an account on a
newly-merged server who requests such a move, all characters associated
with that customer’s account will be transferred to the selected server.
All characters will bring their items with them in the transfer.

Please make sure you are aware of your servers expected merge date and
prepare accordingly. These dates are subject to change should we need
to alter the timetable of merges. Should we need to change the dates we
will post the new list with plenty of advance notice.

More about : servers merging

Anonymous
March 30, 2005 10:21:32 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

"ritchie" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
news:3audgtF69e0jfU1@individual.net...

All except the backwater UBI servers! ;p
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 3:34:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

Lief wrote:

> "ritchie" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> news:3audgtF69e0jfU1@individual.net...
>
> All except the backwater UBI servers! ;p
>
>

lol I spotted that too, I wonder if they even would merge, as all their
servers are different languages.

--
Michael Greenhalgh
---
www.tripleb.co.uk | Weblog
www.loonygooncircus.com | {LgC} Clan Site
www.suta.co.uk | Swansea University Tactical Airsoft Society
---
MMORPGs
EverQuest:
Miglok | Half-Elf Ranger | Venril Sathir

EverQuest 2:
Miglok | Half-Elf Predator | Lavastorm

City of Heroes:
Shadow Ranger | Mutation Scrapper | Virtue
---
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 7:41:47 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

Michael Greenhalgh <spammy@tripleb.co.uk> wrote:
> Lief wrote:

>> "ritchie" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>> news:3audgtF69e0jfU1@individual.net...
>>
>> All except the backwater UBI servers! ;p
>>
>>

> lol I spotted that too, I wonder if they even would merge, as all their
> servers are different languages.
Well, having played on the german server for a long time I can say
something about this. UBI did state repeatedly during the last few weaks
that they won't merge servers...ever. On the french server board there
were quite a few posts about server population and it seems ridiculous.
They said sometimes there were about 150 people online on the whole
frigging server. And this at prime time! Of course UBI did not dement
this statement once. So even while this number might be a bit low it
paints a terrible picture of the french server. The german server seems
still going quite well though EQ2 and WoW did take their toll.

All guilds recruit every class now so! Even our elusive anguish guild
feels the need to talk to the rest of the server population. ;)  Of
course they aren't as evil as my statement seems to imply. :) 

As it stands UBI seems willing to keep the servers as long as possible
seperated.


Hagen
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 8:08:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

ritchie <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:
] Complimentary Character Move
]
] Shortly after each merger is complete, we will allow all customers
] affected by a merge a one-time, complimentary character move to the
] server of their choice. For each customer with an account on a
] newly-merged server who requests such a move, all characters associated
] with that customer’s account will be transferred to the selected server.
] All characters will bring their items with them in the transfer.

Hmmm. Ah, I misremembered that. Now I have to prune out toons on 2
servers instead of just the one.

JimP.
--
djim70 at tyhe cableone dot net. Disclaimer: Standard.
http://crestar.drivein-jim.net/new.html AD&D March 28, 2005
http://evergame.drivein-jim.net/blog/ Everquest March 21, 2005
Registered Linux user#185746 http://linux.drivein-jim.net/
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 8:34:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

Michael Greenhalgh wrote:

>Lief wrote:
>
>> All except the backwater UBI servers! ;p
>>
>
>lol I spotted that too, I wonder if they even would merge, as all their
>servers are different languages.

The french and uk guys seem to want it (the few french that are left,
with Sebilis (the french UBI server) beeing nearly dead).
Half of the germans want the merge, the other half talks about
quitting in case of a merger.

UBI says no merge is going to happen and they want to attract new
people (but i guess nobody of them knows how).

Sebilis and Kael Drakkal (german server) still don´t have DoN or the
fabled mobs, the latest patch announced before easter didn´t take
place, no comment why. Now patching is scheduled for tommorow, but it
seems it still won´t bring DoN to the french and german UBI servers.

UBI won´t let characters move back to the SOE servers, as usual they
don´t tell you why, they just tell you it´s not going to happen.

Lots of people are leaving, some guilds are in trouble losing their
ability for proper raiding.

UBI don´t seem to do anything and won´t give details, SOE just says
"Ask UBI, we don´t have anything to do with the UBI servers and can´t
help you".
But people look on their credit card bills and see SOE listed.

The people on the UBI servers are pissed off, because of the situation
on their servers and UBI and SOE not doing anything to help them.

If nothing is done about the situation i guess it will be all over for
the UBI servers before the end of the year.


Enjoy your mergers, while UBI waits until it´s too late,

André
--
On Kael Drakkal in <Schatten von Norrath>
Master Lunovus Noctamor, Highelf Mage of 56 seasons
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 10:00:46 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

"Lief" <ask.me.for@it.com> wrote in message
news:Mzr2e.11$pm1.8@newsfe3-win.ntli.net...
>
> "ritchie" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> news:3audgtF69e0jfU1@individual.net...
>
> All except the backwater UBI servers! ;p
>
>

I didnt see Xev on that list either.
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 10:00:47 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

"Vladesch" <vladeschxxxx@bigxxxxxpond.net.auxxx> wrote in message
news:iPB2e.18124$C7.3656@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> "Lief" <ask.me.for@it.com> wrote in message
> news:Mzr2e.11$pm1.8@newsfe3-win.ntli.net...
>>
>> "ritchie" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>> news:3audgtF69e0jfU1@individual.net...
>>
>> All except the backwater UBI servers! ;p
>>
>>
>
> I didnt see Xev on that list either.
>
no prexus either.

lee
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 10:00:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

"Lee Watkins" <spamisforsandwiches-lwatkins@falcon.tamucc.edu> wrote in
message news:D 2f4l1$hqn$1@news.tamu.edu...
>
> "Vladesch" <vladeschxxxx@bigxxxxxpond.net.auxxx> wrote in message
> news:iPB2e.18124$C7.3656@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
>> "Lief" <ask.me.for@it.com> wrote in message
>> news:Mzr2e.11$pm1.8@newsfe3-win.ntli.net...
>>>
>>> "ritchie" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>>> news:3audgtF69e0jfU1@individual.net...
>>>
>>> All except the backwater UBI servers! ;p
>>>
>>>
>>
>> I didnt see Xev on that list either.
>>
> no prexus either.
>
> lee
lol correction, 1st time i read it, i didnt see prexus either.

lee
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 10:21:42 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

ritchie <invalid@invalid.invalid> writes:
> From: http://eqlive.station.sony.com/community/dev_view.jsp?i...
> ...
> Prior to the scheduled merge date for your server(s), please be sure
> that you clear any unclaimed character corpses from the world.
> Character corpses will not be transferred to the newly-merged server.
> Once the merger is complete, all corpses on the servers affected by a
> merge will have been purged.

Hm, so if you die just before the servers go down for the merge, and
don't manage to loot the corpse (rezzed or not), you're just screwed?

I think I'll make sure all my characters are safely in bed when the
earthquake hits....

-- Don.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
-- See the a.g.e/EQ1 FAQ at http://www.iCynic.com/~don/EQ/age.faq.htm
--
-- Sukrasisx, Monk 52 on E. Marr Note: If you reply by mail,
-- Terrwini, Druid 50 on E. Marr I'll get to it sooner if you
-- Wizbeau, Wizard 36 on E. Marr remove the "hyphen n s"
-- http://www.iCynic.com/~don
Anonymous
March 31, 2005 3:51:05 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 18:21:42 GMT, Don Woods <don-ns@iCynic.com> wrote:

>Hm, so if you die just before the servers go down for the merge, and
>don't manage to loot the corpse (rezzed or not), you're just screwed?

A quick and dirty way of finding out if you have any unclaimed
corpses: consent someone. Ypou'll get a list of the zones if you have
any. That way you don't havre to spend almost 200pp for corpse summon
in guild lobby if you don't need to.
--
To reply, replace digi.mon with phreaker.net
Anonymous
March 31, 2005 9:43:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 18:21:42 GMT in <7wvf79kn9m.fsf@ca.icynic.com>,
Don Woods <don-ns@iCynic.com> graced the world with this thought:

>Hm, so if you die just before the servers go down for the merge, and
>don't manage to loot the corpse (rezzed or not), you're just screwed?

Well, knowing this ahead of time, I'd say you'd deserve it if you
didn't heed the warning...
Of course, there'll be <some> moron out there that does this...
Anonymous
March 31, 2005 10:48:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

Don Woods <don-ns@iCynic.com> wrote in news:7wvf79kn9m.fsf@ca.icynic.com:

> ritchie <invalid@invalid.invalid> writes:
>> From: http://eqlive.station.sony.com/community/dev_view.jsp?i...
>> ...
>> Prior to the scheduled merge date for your server(s), please be sure
>> that you clear any unclaimed character corpses from the world.
>> Character corpses will not be transferred to the newly-merged server.
>> Once the merger is complete, all corpses on the servers affected by a
>> merge will have been purged.
>
> Hm, so if you die just before the servers go down for the merge, and
> don't manage to loot the corpse (rezzed or not), you're just screwed?
>

Well, I'd guess there will be some sort of warning. If you choose not to
heed it, then I guess you won't have anyone to blame but yourself.

--
Rumble
"Write something worth reading, or do something worth writing."
-- Benjamin Franklin
!