Wireless Printing

August 16, 2004 6:18:50 PM

I have a wireless network in my home. I cannot use the
two printers that are attached to my desktop to print
from the other three (3) computers on the network. What
do I have to do in Windows XP to enable remote printing.
Thanks.

More about : wireless printing

Anonymous
August 17, 2004 10:52:06 AM

You can 'share' the printer in much the same way as you can share files,
however, you must have the host machine running (the machine to which the
printer is hard wired) to share the printer. Go to printer ->
properties->sharing.

If you want the printer to be available without the host machine running you
need to purchase a wireless printer server. Unless the printer is
physically remote from a machine a printer server is, in my view, an
unwarranted expense.

"lmhamm (remove this) @aol.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:702501c483d6$a00f3e10$a501280a@phx.gbl...
!