mark

Hello,

Is there a way in Windows XP to set the system wide
default paper size to A4 for all new printers that will be
installed?

If the system knows that I am in UK and using British
setting, why does it insist on creating each new printer
with Letter as the default.

Earlier versions of windows behaved much better with
respect to this.

I *know* if could change the multiple instances of paper
size for each printer once installed, but there must be an
easier way??

Hello Mark,

I was wondering if you've got a solution to this problem already as we have
the same problem with our Windows XP (UK version with Dutch MUI installed).
Allways letter instead of A4.
We only get the default A4 paper size when I use the native Dutch XP
version, but that's not wat we want.
There must be lots of other administrators facing this problem. If anyone
has a solution, please step forward...

Hello,

I might have a solution to your system wide default A4 paper size problem !

You should check your NON-UNICODE language settings: [Control Panel ->
Regional and Language Options -> Advanced --> Language for Non-Unicode
Programs]
Use the same setting as you use with 'Standards and Formats' which will
probably be English (UK), and the result of the next printer installation
should be a default A4 papersize. Unfortunately you have to reinstall all
printers after you changed the NON-unicode printers setting to automatically
let them use the default A4 papersize

This setting worked for us in a 'Dutch (Netherlands)' for our printers (most
HP and OCE Docworks)

Hope this works for you too.

"Mark" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there a way in Windows XP to set the system wide
> default paper size to A4 for all new printers that will be
> installed?
>
> If the system knows that I am in UK and using British
> setting, why does it insist on creating each new printer
> with Letter as the default.
>
> Earlier versions of windows behaved much better with
> respect to this.
>
> I *know* if could change the multiple instances of paper
> size for each printer once installed, but there must be an
> easier way??

TRENDING THREADS