Advise on selling EQ2 account

Been playing EQ2 for a few months but am bored of it now. I still have 2 1/2
months of play time left and would like to sell my account. The problem is
that my account still has all my billing information which I cannot change
unless I purchase more game time!

Any ideas how I can get around this problem?

Thanks
12 answers Last reply
More about advise selling account

    On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 14:24:15 +1200, "Young Man" <gman@stuffer.com>
    wrote:

    >Been playing EQ2 for a few months but am bored of it now. I still have 2 1/2
    >months of play time left and would like to sell my account. The problem is
    >that my account still has all my billing information which I cannot change
    >unless I purchase more game time!
    >
    >Any ideas how I can get around this problem?
    >
    >Thanks

    don't sell it. problem solved.

    Vladesch wrote:
    > "Young Man" <gman@stuffer.com> wrote in message
    > > Been playing EQ2 for a few months but am bored of it now. I still
    have 2
    > > 1/2 months of play time left and would like to sell my account. The

    > > problem is that my account still has all my billing information
    which I
    > > cannot change unless I purchase more game time!
    > >
    > > Any ideas how I can get around this problem?
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >

    > Dont see the problem.... the new owner can chance the billinfo when
    they buy
    > more time.
    > Am I missing something?

    Yep. Sony automagically withdraws funds at the end of each billing
    cycle; you must actively cancell the billing in question. What's to
    stop the potential buyer from just letting it ride? If you sell the
    account, put in the cancellation order before the next billing cycle,
    then THAT cancellation order is cancelled by the new licensors request
    and billing info (remember, you license accounts, you do not own them),
    that then raises red flags in the SOE billing department with regards
    to a potential breakage of the EULA (in this case, it would be
    correct). Account gets banned, the buyer's not happy, and everyone but
    Sony loses.
    --
    Xiphos - Short and corect answer has been given: you don't.

    "Xiphos" <xiphos@rahul.net> wrote in message

    > Vladesch wrote:
    >> "Young Man" <gman@stuffer.com> wrote in message
    >> > Been playing EQ2 for a few months but am bored of it now. I still
    > have 2
    >> > 1/2 months of play time left and would like to sell my account. The
    >
    >> > problem is that my account still has all my billing information
    > which I
    >> > cannot change unless I purchase more game time!
    >> >
    >> > Any ideas how I can get around this problem?
    >> >
    >> > Thanks
    >> >

    >> Dont see the problem.... the new owner can chance the billinfo when
    > they buy
    >> more time.
    >> Am I missing something?
    >
    > Yep. Sony automagically withdraws funds at the end of each billing
    > cycle; you must actively cancell the billing in question. What's to
    > stop the potential buyer from just letting it ride? If you sell the
    > account, put in the cancellation order before the next billing cycle,
    > then THAT cancellation order is cancelled by the new licensors request
    > and billing info (remember, you license accounts, you do not own them),
    > that then raises red flags in the SOE billing department with regards
    > to a potential breakage of the EULA (in this case, it would be
    > correct). Account gets banned, the buyer's not happy, and everyone but
    > Sony loses.
    > --
    > Xiphos - Short and corect answer has been given: you don't.

    how about canceling the account, letting the billing cycle end, and THEN
    selling the account?
    are you sure sony will UN-cancel the account without making the user
    re-enter their credit card info?

    lee

    "Larry Laffer" <private@aol.com> wrote in message
    > don't sell it. problem solved.

    No, but you don't understand. I WANT TO SELL IT! That is why I posted this
    message. If I didn't want to sell it then I would not have posted here.
    Understand?!

    > "Larry Laffer" <private@aol.com> wrote in message
    > > don't sell it. problem solved.
    >
    > No, but you don't understand. I WANT TO SELL IT! That is why I posted this
    > message. If I didn't want to sell it then I would not have posted here.
    > Understand?!

    Not really sure if I see the problem. Why not call SOE and ask them for
    advice? I'm sure they will have an answer for you.

    "Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> wrote in message
    > Not really sure if I see the problem. Why not call SOE and ask them for
    > advice? I'm sure they will have an answer for you.

    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a shot.

    On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 17:22:17 +1200, "Young Man" <gman@stuffer.com>
    wrote:

    >"Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> wrote in message
    >> Not really sure if I see the problem. Why not call SOE and ask them for
    >> advice? I'm sure they will have an answer for you.
    >
    >Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a shot.

    Shadow was joking.

    It is against the EULA to transfer ownership of accounts. The account
    could get banned. (albiet unlikely, but the chance exists).

    I wasn't kidding with my answer of "don't sell it". It's the right
    answer, and the one that SoE will give you.

    On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 16:55:07 +1200, "Young Man" <gman@stuffer.com>
    wrote:

    >"Larry Laffer" <private@aol.com> wrote in message
    >> don't sell it. problem solved.
    >
    >No, but you don't understand. I WANT TO SELL IT! That is why I posted this
    >message. If I didn't want to sell it then I would not have posted here.
    >Understand?!

    You don't understand. By doing so, you're violating a contract and
    potentially committing something that could very well be ruled as
    fraud if the matter of selling MMO accounts and items is ever tested
    in court. The account is not your property, thus you're not entitled
    to sell it.

    --
    Dark Tyger

    Stop the madness! (Marvel Vs Cryptic Studios petition)
    http://www.petitiononline.com/marvscoh/petition.html

    Hey, everyone else is doing it. Free iPod:
    http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=15728814

    "Xiphos" <xiphos@rahul.net> wrote in news:1112210637.886742.112670
    @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

    > Vladesch wrote:
    >> "Young Man" <gman@stuffer.com> wrote in message
    >> > Been playing EQ2 for a few months but am bored of it now. I still
    >> > have 2 1/2 months of play time left and would like to sell my
    >> > account. The
    >
    >> > problem is that my account still has all my billing information
    >> > which I cannot change unless I purchase more game time!
    >> >
    >> > Any ideas how I can get around this problem?
    >> >
    >> > Thanks
    >> >

    >> Dont see the problem.... the new owner can chance the billinfo when
    >> they buy more time.
    >> Am I missing something?
    >
    > Yep. Sony automagically withdraws funds at the end of each billing
    > cycle; you must actively cancell the billing in question. What's to
    > stop the potential buyer from just letting it ride? If you sell the
    > account, put in the cancellation order before the next billing cycle,
    > then THAT cancellation order is cancelled by the new licensors request
    > and billing info (remember, you license accounts, you do not own them),
    > that then raises red flags in the SOE billing department with regards
    > to a potential breakage of the EULA (in this case, it would be
    > correct). Account gets banned, the buyer's not happy, and everyone but
    > Sony loses.

    Or, the new owner just restarts the subscription without changing any
    billing information...

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

    On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
    Graeme, 28 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage
    Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 30 Provisioner

    Graeme Faelban wrote:
    > "Xiphos" <xiphos@rahul.net> wrote in news:1112210637.886742.112670
    > @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:
    >

    >> Vladesch wrote:
    >>> "Young Man" <gman@stuffer.com> wrote in message

    >>> Dont see the problem.... the new owner can chance the billinfo when
    >>> they buy more time.
    >>> Am I missing something?
    >>
    >> Yep. Sony automagically withdraws funds at the end of each billing
    >> cycle; you must actively cancell the billing in question. What's to
    >> stop the potential buyer from just letting it ride? If you sell the
    >> account, put in the cancellation order before the next billing cycle,
    >> then THAT cancellation order is cancelled by the new licensors
    >> request and billing info (remember, you license accounts, you do not
    >> own them), that then raises red flags in the SOE billing department
    >> with regards to a potential breakage of the EULA (in this case, it
    >> would be correct). Account gets banned, the buyer's not happy, and
    >> everyone but Sony loses.
    >
    > Or, the new owner just restarts the subscription without changing any
    > billing information...

    When you resubscribe you have to re-enter the credit card information. It
    wouldn't be possible for the new owner to restart the account on the old
    billing unless he or she knew the former credit card information, which
    isn't displayed anywhere.

    --
    Sinaiel Soulmerchant
    Wraith of Misericordia

    "Jonathan" <phoenixprince@hotmail.com> wrote in

    > Graeme Faelban wrote:
    >> "Xiphos" <xiphos@rahul.net> wrote in news:1112210637.886742.112670
    >> @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

    >>> Yep. Sony automagically withdraws funds at the end of each billing
    >>> cycle; you must actively cancell the billing in question. What's to
    >>> stop the potential buyer from just letting it ride? If you sell the
    >>> account, put in the cancellation order before the next billing
    >>> cycle, then THAT cancellation order is cancelled by the new
    >>> licensors request and billing info (remember, you license accounts,
    >>> you do not own them), that then raises red flags in the SOE billing
    >>> department with regards to a potential breakage of the EULA (in this
    >>> case, it would be correct). Account gets banned, the buyer's not
    >>> happy, and everyone but Sony loses.
    >>
    >> Or, the new owner just restarts the subscription without changing any
    >> billing information...
    >
    > When you resubscribe you have to re-enter the credit card information.
    > It wouldn't be possible for the new owner to restart the account on
    > the old billing unless he or she knew the former credit card
    > information, which isn't displayed anywhere.

    Having never resubscribed, I was not aware of that.

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

    On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
    Graeme, 28 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage