HP LaserJet Series II printer problem

BillW

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004

I have an HP LaserJet Series II printer connected to my XP computer through
a parallel port. When any print job starts, my computer slows to a crawl.
Even trying to click on My Documents or My Computer, much less start a
program, can take up to 30 seconds to get any response. Once the print job
is complete, everything returns to normal. I have a 2MHz+ computer with
almost 1g of memory. There's plenty of memory in the printer and plenty of
HD. I would appreciate any help you can give me. This is a little more
than just an inconvenience. Thanks

that's the parallel bus

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318273&Product=winxp
100 Percent CPU Usage Occurs When You Print on an LPT Printer Port
--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team