Gainward GeForce 3: Problem Adjusting Memory Speed

G

Every time I raise the memory speed on my CardExpert GeForce 3, my screen goes white and I have to uninstall and reinstall the geforce drivers for it to work again. Overclocking the GPU works fine. I have heard reports of memory speeds above 560 mhz; am I doing something wrong? Please help.

Kio_Liex

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2001
how warm are the ram's getting???

maybe that's why....

--------------------------

<font color=blue> It is the questions that drives us... </font color=blue>

G

The memory is staying pretty cool, I don't have an exact temperture though.

Kio_Liex

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2001
can you touch it, and not get burned???

it could be the something on the grafic card that is wrong, and you maybe have to return it for a new one....

------------------------------------

<font color=blue> It is the questions that drives us... </font color=blue>

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Slightly off topic, but isnt it funny when someone calls not being able to overclock a "problem" like the unit is defective. I just thought that was kind of humorous.

~Matisaro~
"Friends don't let friends buy Pentiums"
~Tbird1.3@1.55~

Bud

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2001
This IS the overclocking section ya know.
I for one, am tired of the way you disrespect just about
everybody on this forum with smartass remarks and mean comments.

"Get the facts first. You can distort them later." - Mark Twain
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by bud on 09/07/01 06:12 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Captain_Splat

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2001
Lol. I think his comments are smartass. It IS a little humorous as there is no mention of overclockability support by the manufacturer on all 3D Accelerators. The manufacturer rates the thing at a certain speed. Anything beyond that is unsupported and if you tell the store that that's the reason you are taking it back, they will find it humorous(of course the quality of the chipsets vary in the production process, chances are you'll get a better one if you take it back). Of course not being able to overclock your new toy IS a problem, I am having problems myself even overclocking my GeFORCE 1 DDR with Max Payne and 3DMark2001(same engine, but max payne seems to crash alot more than 3dmark 2k1 at stock frequencies). It really sucks. Half-Way through the low detail car chase....--Another post. Maybe someone knows something i can do.
Good luck!

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Go away BUD, it was nothing more than a humorous post, dont make me link everyone to your thread where you claimed that the more fps you have in a game the faster your character runs/jumps/fights.

~Matisaro~
"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
~Tbird1.3@1.5~

G

How are you raising the clock?

Gainward has confirmed bugs in their ExpertTool at memory clocks over 400MHz. If you were using that, try a different tool.

G

Isn´t the Gainward cards already "overclocked" right out of the box? That could explain the overclock problem. Maybe you are trying to overclock what is already overclocked, so to speak.

*Gainward rules*