Xp print balloon

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

I have an unusual question.
Since I installed service pack 2, with each print job a
balloon pops out indicating the print status (over the
printer on the task bar). This is driving my users to
distraction. Is there a way to turn this feature off?
Thanks

Ken wrote:
> I have an unusual question.
> Since I installed service pack 2, with each print job a
> balloon pops out indicating the print status (over the
> printer on the task bar). This is driving my users to
> distraction. Is there a way to turn this feature off?
> Thanks

Possibly TweakUI can do it. It is in XP Powertoys:

It has an item in the "Taskbar" Window called "Enable balloon tips" that can
be unchecked. This gets rid of most of these annoying balloons. I'm not sure
about
the printer status, but try it.

Hope this helps.

Dick Kistler

Thanks I will give it a try

powertoys.mspx

"kenuga" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks I will give it a try

Don't know if you're still listening, but I think I figured it out.
Go to Printers and Faxes and double click on it(I have it on
the start menu and in the control panel). Go to:

file > server properties > advanced and uncheck "Show informational notices
for local printers" and/or "Show informational notices for network printers"

Hope this helps.

Dick Kistler