Win XP Pro, HP Laserjet 5M, HELP!

I have WIN XP PRO and a HP LASERJET 5M connected to a small network. All PCs
print to this printer and all show the same problem.
When I print one page, the printer print it and print another page with the
message:

ERROR: undefined
OFFENDING COMMAND:

STACK:

....and then another blank page. 3 pages for 1!.

Somebody helpme...

Has the printer ever pe4rformed properly in this setup? Has the printer to
which the printer attaches been upgraded to XP from another Windows version?

Please let us know the exact error message.

Tom
MSMVP-DTS