HP PhotoSmart P1000

Every since I installed XP, it will not recognize my
printer. I get the message at installation: Printer is
not responding, make sure the printer is connected and
turned on. It is. I have removed all the old programing
for the printer and installed the updated program and
still get the same message. Any help will be greatly
appreciated, thanks you.

Did you completely uninstall as per:

Is this printer connected to a USB or to an LPT port?

Did you disconnect the printer before upgrading or clean installing XP?
--
Cari ((MS-MVP Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
www.coribright.com