Hi,
this question maybe a little complicated:

We have 2 ADSL routers connecting to 2 different ADSL connections, one is a
backup conneciton, we have PIX firewall 506E. Two routers connect to a
switch that PIX outside interface is connected toas well, and PIX inside
inteface goes into LAN.

PIX currently uses Router 1 as he gateway.

Is there a way I can set this up so that in case the ADSL goes down that we
use with Router 1, PIX would select the second router as the gateway?

If there is a way but not with PIX 506E, I can maybe buy something other
than PIX 506E, i am really desperate for a solution like that, any
suggestions incuding any other firewall much appreciated!

igorz wrote:
> Hi,
> this question maybe a little complicated:
>
> We have 2 ADSL routers connecting to 2 different ADSL connections, one is a
> backup conneciton, we have PIX firewall 506E. Two routers connect to a
> switch that PIX outside interface is connected toas well, and PIX inside
> inteface goes into LAN.
>
> PIX currently uses Router 1 as he gateway.
>
> Is there a way I can set this up so that in case the ADSL goes down that we
> use with Router 1, PIX would select the second router as the gateway?
>
> If there is a way but not with PIX 506E, I can maybe buy something other
> than PIX 506E, i am really desperate for a solution like that, any
> suggestions incuding any other firewall much appreciated!

Dunno if PIX hardware can do it, but a sonicwall pro 4060 can. (www.sonicwall.com)

(change strap to sweintz in mail addy to reply)

The Linksys RV082 can also do dual-wan in either load-bearing or failover
configurations.

"sean weintz" <strap@hanh-ct.org> wrote in message
> igorz wrote:
> > Hi,
> > this question maybe a little complicated:
> >
> > We have 2 ADSL routers connecting to 2 different ADSL connections, one
is a
> > backup conneciton, we have PIX firewall 506E. Two routers connect to a
> > switch that PIX outside interface is connected toas well, and PIX inside
> > inteface goes into LAN.
> >
> > PIX currently uses Router 1 as he gateway.
> >
> > Is there a way I can set this up so that in case the ADSL goes down that
we
> > use with Router 1, PIX would select the second router as the gateway?
> >
> > If there is a way but not with PIX 506E, I can maybe buy something other
> > than PIX 506E, i am really desperate for a solution like that, any
> > suggestions incuding any other firewall much appreciated!
> >

> Dunno if PIX hardware can do it, but a sonicwall pro 4060 can.
(www.sonicwall.com)

> (change strap to sweintz in mail addy to reply)

TRENDING THREADS