Error 32090 trying to queue fax to multiple recipients

I can send a Fax (using built-in Fax Services in XP Pro)
to ONE recipient. When I try to send to multiple
recipients the Send Fax Wizard seems to proceed OK (all
the recipients show up in the SEND TO: dialog, but then no
Faxes ever show up in OUTBOX in FAX CONSOLE (the fax
queue) If I look in Event Viewer in Application Events I
find the following Event has been raised:

Source: Microsoft Fax
Category: Outbound
Type: Error
Event: 32090

I think it is trying to tell me it couldn't add data to a
file- maybe the spooler? NOTE THAT SENDING TO MULTIPLE
RECIPIENTS WORKED FINE YESTERDAY! No new software,
hardware, ANYTHING! has been changed/ added.

I unistalled / reinstalled the Fax Services component of
Windows (XP Pro) - no change. PLEASE HELP!

Microsoft does not have any info on Event 32090 available
in it's searchable online support system.

Can you send the full event log error text. There should be a status data
which might give us more clue on the problem.

Thanks,
Anand

--
Ananda Sarkar

purposes only.

"Bill Milosz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I can send a Fax (using built-in Fax Services in XP Pro)
> to ONE recipient. When I try to send to multiple
> recipients the Send Fax Wizard seems to proceed OK (all
> the recipients show up in the SEND TO: dialog, but then no
> Faxes ever show up in OUTBOX in FAX CONSOLE (the fax
> queue) If I look in Event Viewer in Application Events I
> find the following Event has been raised:
>
> Source: Microsoft Fax
> Category: Outbound
> Type: Error
> Event: 32090
>
> I think it is trying to tell me it couldn't add data to a
> file- maybe the spooler? NOTE THAT SENDING TO MULTIPLE
> RECIPIENTS WORKED FINE YESTERDAY! No new software,
> hardware, ANYTHING! has been changed/ added.
>

> I unistalled / reinstalled the Fax Services component of
> Windows (XP Pro) - no change. PLEASE HELP!
>
> Microsoft does not have any info on Event 32090 available
> in it's searchable online support system.

Server: MS Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition
Client: Windows XP SP2, Windows 98 SE

Modem is on Server, shared as Fax. When I print (using Word 2003) on
\\SERVER\FAX, Send Fax Wizard pops up, asking for recipients.

If I type (or select from Outlook 2003) one recipient, his name appears
in Fax Console - Outbox, and fax is sent. This works well.

If I choose (or type) multiple recipients, nothing appears in Fax
Console - Outbox folder. But in Event viewer, Application folder, there
is an error:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Microsoft Fax
Event Category: Outbound
Event ID: 32090
Date: 16-12-04
Time: 10:28:09
User: N/A
Computer: SERVER
The fax was not submitted successfully.

The following error occurred: 4.
This error code indicates the cause of the error.

Sender Machine Name: \\SERVER.
Sender User Name: Administrator.
Sender Name: .
Number of Recipients: 2.

-----------

I have to send fax to 700+ numbers.

Is it possible to automate this process using VBA?

Thanx in advance,
Mkov.

Ananda Sarkar [MSFT] wrote:
> Can you send the full event log error text. There should be a status
data
> which might give us more clue on the problem.

Thanx for reply.

VBA in Outlook 2003 does the job done.

Other problem is Outlook 2003 scripting blocking for 5 seconds.

As I see, I will have to return to Outlook 2000.

Here is the code:

Public Sub SendFax()
Dim OLApp As Outlook.Application
Dim ns As Outlook.NameSpace
Dim fSend As Outlook.MAPIFolder
Dim fSent As Outlook.MAPIFolder
Dim fError As Outlook.MAPIFolder
Dim p As ContactItem
Dim bError As Boolean
Dim i As Long

Dim myOlApp As Outlook.Application
Dim myItem As Outlook.MailItem

Set myOlApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")

Set OLApp = Outlook.Application
Set ns = OLApp.GetNamespace("MAPI")

bError = False

Set fSend = ns.Folders("Personal Folders").Folders("Send Fax")
Set fSent = fSend.Folders("Sent")
Set fError = fSend.Folders("Error")

On Error GoTo ErrorHandler

For i = 1 To fSend.Items.Count
Set p = fSend.Items(fSend.Items.Count)
Set myItem = myOlApp.CreateItem(olMailItem)
myItem.To = p.FirstName & " " & p.LastName & "@" &
p.BusinessFaxNumber
myItem.Attachments.Add "D:\users\share\DESPECMULTI151204.doc"
myItem.Send
If bError Then
p.Move fError
Else
p.Move fSent
End If
bError = False
Next i

Exit Sub

ErrorHandler:
Select Case Err.Description
Case "Outlook does not recognize one or more names. "
bError = True
Resume Next
Case Else
MsgBox CStr(Err.Number) & vbCrLf & Err.Description,
vbOKOnly, "Error: " & CStr(Err.Number)
'Resume
End Select
End Sub

You can use VB for sending faxes. Look for 'Fax server' into MSDN
documentation for details on this.

--
Archan Das

purposes only.