Error 32090 trying to queue fax to multiple recipients

I can send a Fax (using built-in Fax Services in XP Pro)
to ONE recipient. When I try to send to multiple
recipients the Send Fax Wizard seems to proceed OK (all
the recipients show up in the SEND TO: dialog, but then no
Faxes ever show up in OUTBOX in FAX CONSOLE (the fax
queue) If I look in Event Viewer in Application Events I
find the following Event has been raised:

Source: Microsoft Fax
Category: Outbound
Type: Error
Event: 32090

I think it is trying to tell me it couldn't add data to a
file- maybe the spooler? NOTE THAT SENDING TO MULTIPLE
RECIPIENTS WORKED FINE YESTERDAY! No new software,
hardware, ANYTHING! has been changed/ added.

I unistalled / reinstalled the Fax Services component of
Windows (XP Pro) - no change. PLEASE HELP!

Microsoft does not have any info on Event 32090 available
in it's searchable online support system.
4 answers Last reply
More about error 32090 queue multiple recipients

    Can you send the full event log error text. There should be a status data
    which might give us more clue on the problem.

    Thanks,
    Anand

    --
    Ananda Sarkar

    purposes only.

    "Bill Milosz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I can send a Fax (using built-in Fax Services in XP Pro)
    > to ONE recipient. When I try to send to multiple
    > recipients the Send Fax Wizard seems to proceed OK (all
    > the recipients show up in the SEND TO: dialog, but then no
    > Faxes ever show up in OUTBOX in FAX CONSOLE (the fax
    > queue) If I look in Event Viewer in Application Events I
    > find the following Event has been raised:
    >
    > Source: Microsoft Fax
    > Category: Outbound
    > Type: Error
    > Event: 32090
    >
    > I think it is trying to tell me it couldn't add data to a
    > file- maybe the spooler? NOTE THAT SENDING TO MULTIPLE
    > RECIPIENTS WORKED FINE YESTERDAY! No new software,
    > hardware, ANYTHING! has been changed/ added.
    >

    > I unistalled / reinstalled the Fax Services component of
    > Windows (XP Pro) - no change. PLEASE HELP!
    >
    > Microsoft does not have any info on Event 32090 available
    > in it's searchable online support system.

    Server: MS Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition
    Client: Windows XP SP2, Windows 98 SE

    Modem is on Server, shared as Fax. When I print (using Word 2003) on
    \\SERVER\FAX, Send Fax Wizard pops up, asking for recipients.

    If I type (or select from Outlook 2003) one recipient, his name appears
    in Fax Console - Outbox, and fax is sent. This works well.

    If I choose (or type) multiple recipients, nothing appears in Fax
    Console - Outbox folder. But in Event viewer, Application folder, there
    is an error:

    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Microsoft Fax
    Event Category: Outbound
    Event ID: 32090
    Date: 16-12-04
    Time: 10:28:09
    User: N/A
    Computer: SERVER
    The fax was not submitted successfully.

    The following error occurred: 4.
    This error code indicates the cause of the error.

    Sender Machine Name: \\SERVER.
    Sender User Name: Administrator.
    Sender Name: .
    Number of Recipients: 2.

    -----------

    I have to send fax to 700+ numbers.

    Is it possible to automate this process using VBA?

    Thanx in advance,
    Mkov.

    Ananda Sarkar [MSFT] wrote:
    > Can you send the full event log error text. There should be a status
    data
    > which might give us more clue on the problem.

    Thanx for reply.

    VBA in Outlook 2003 does the job done.

    Other problem is Outlook 2003 scripting blocking for 5 seconds.

    As I see, I will have to return to Outlook 2000.

    Here is the code:

    Public Sub SendFax()
    Dim OLApp As Outlook.Application
    Dim ns As Outlook.NameSpace
    Dim fSend As Outlook.MAPIFolder
    Dim fSent As Outlook.MAPIFolder
    Dim fError As Outlook.MAPIFolder
    Dim p As ContactItem
    Dim bError As Boolean
    Dim i As Long

    Dim myOlApp As Outlook.Application
    Dim myItem As Outlook.MailItem

    Set myOlApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")

    Set OLApp = Outlook.Application
    Set ns = OLApp.GetNamespace("MAPI")

    bError = False

    Set fSend = ns.Folders("Personal Folders").Folders("Send Fax")
    Set fSent = fSend.Folders("Sent")
    Set fError = fSend.Folders("Error")

    On Error GoTo ErrorHandler

    For i = 1 To fSend.Items.Count
    Set p = fSend.Items(fSend.Items.Count)
    Set myItem = myOlApp.CreateItem(olMailItem)
    myItem.To = p.FirstName & " " & p.LastName & "@" &
    p.BusinessFaxNumber
    myItem.Attachments.Add "D:\users\share\DESPECMULTI151204.doc"
    myItem.Send
    If bError Then
    p.Move fError
    Else
    p.Move fSent
    End If
    bError = False
    Next i

    Exit Sub

    ErrorHandler:
    Select Case Err.Description
    Case "Outlook does not recognize one or more names. "
    bError = True
    Resume Next
    Case Else
    MsgBox CStr(Err.Number) & vbCrLf & Err.Description,
    vbOKOnly, "Error: " & CStr(Err.Number)
    'Resume
    End Select
    End Sub

    You can use VB for sending faxes. Look for 'Fax server' into MSDN
    documentation for details on this.

    --
    Archan Das

    purposes only.

    <mkovcin@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Server: MS Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition
    > Client: Windows XP SP2, Windows 98 SE
    >
    > Modem is on Server, shared as Fax. When I print (using Word 2003) on
    > \\SERVER\FAX, Send Fax Wizard pops up, asking for recipients.
    >
    > If I type (or select from Outlook 2003) one recipient, his name appears
    > in Fax Console - Outbox, and fax is sent. This works well.
    >
    > If I choose (or type) multiple recipients, nothing appears in Fax
    > Console - Outbox folder. But in Event viewer, Application folder, there
    > is an error:
    >
    > Event Type: Error
    > Event Source: Microsoft Fax
    > Event Category: Outbound
    > Event ID: 32090
    > Date: 16-12-04
    > Time: 10:28:09
    > User: N/A
    > Computer: SERVER
    > The fax was not submitted successfully.
    >
    > The following error occurred: 4.
    > This error code indicates the cause of the error.
    >
    > Sender Machine Name: \\SERVER.
    > Sender User Name: Administrator.
    > Sender Name: .
    > Number of Recipients: 2.

    > I have to send fax to 700+ numbers.
    >
    > Is it possible to automate this process using VBA?
    >
    > Thanx in advance,
    > Mkov.
    >

    > Ananda Sarkar [MSFT] wrote:
    > > Can you send the full event log error text. There should be a status
    > data
    > > which might give us more clue on the problem.

Fax Microsoft Windows XP