Print Server

August 19, 2004 9:22:46 PM

I have just gotten a print server(it's the 2nd or 3rd
one!) and am having problems setting it up. It is a
TrendWare TEW-P1U with a Lexmark X125 printer. Nothing
happens-the PS utility won't detect it, I can't get it to
work on my own. I have tried TrendWare's tech support
number; all they can tell me is to "please hold." Are
there any known issues with Windows XP and print servers
with a hotfix out there? Will XP's SP2 fix this(I'm going
to download it in a while)?

More about : print server

Anonymous
August 20, 2004 4:22:34 AM

See Bruce Sanderson's website at:
http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/Printing%20to%20Print%2...
www.coribright.com

"Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have just gotten a print server(it's the 2nd or 3rd
> one!) and am having problems setting it up. It is a
> TrendWare TEW-P1U with a Lexmark X125 printer. Nothing
> happens-the PS utility won't detect it, I can't get it to
> work on my own. I have tried TrendWare's tech support
> number; all they can tell me is to "please hold." Are
> there any known issues with Windows XP and print servers
> with a hotfix out there? Will XP's SP2 fix this(I'm going
> to download it in a while)?
August 20, 2004 6:17:35 PM

Thanks, and it seems helpful, but I can't seem to find an
IP address for the print server. How can I find it? The
PS utility showed this address, but it doesn't seem to
even detect it anymore.
20Server%20device.htm
>--
>Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging &
Hardware)
>www.coribright.com
>
>"Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>>I have just gotten a print server(it's the 2nd or 3rd
>> one!) and am having problems setting it up. It is a
>> TrendWare TEW-P1U with a Lexmark X125 printer. Nothing
>> happens-the PS utility won't detect it, I can't get it
>> work on my own. I have tried TrendWare's tech support
>> number; all they can tell me is to "please hold." Are
>> there any known issues with Windows XP and print
servers
>> with a hotfix out there? Will XP's SP2 fix this(I'm
going
>> to download it in a while)?
>

>.

August 20, 2004 8:21:06 PM

Check the documentation for the TEW-P1U. Usually, these kinds of devices
have a "test" button (or something similar) that, when pressed (and perhaps
held for a five seconds or so) will send their configuration to the attached
printer. This normally will have such information as the MAC address and
the IP configuration (address, sub-net mask, default gateway).

A second possibility is that whatever utility or feature you use to
configure your wireless base station may be able to tell you the IP address
of all the devices currently communicating with it.

A third possibility is to download and install the HP WebJetAdmin software.
The Trendware web site is very thin on documentation, but it does say that
the TEW-P1U "supports HP WebJetAdmin". I've found WebJetAdmin quite a handy
tool for getting information about "print servers" etc. See
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc-JAVA/offweb/vac/us/en/en....

--
Bruce Sanderson MVP

It's perfectly useless to know the right answer to the wrong question.

> Thanks, and it seems helpful, but I can't seem to find an
> IP address for the print server. How can I find it? The
> PS utility showed this address, but it doesn't seem to
> even detect it anymore.

Anonymous
August 25, 2004 5:13:10 PM

>Usually, these kinds of devices have a "test" button
No, but there's a reset button.
-------------------
>...whatever utility or feature you use to
>configure your wireless base station may be able to tell
>you the IP address
>of all the devices currently communicating with it.
Strangely enough, I can't see my own computer there, much
less the print server.
-------------------
>The Trendware web site is very thin on documentation...
You got that right...
-------------------
>...the TEW-P1U "supports HP WebJetAdmin".
It's not an HP printer, but it's worth a try.

JAVA/offweb/vac/us/en/en/network_software/wja_overview.htm
l.

>--
>Bruce Sanderson MVP
>
>It's perfectly useless to know the right answer to the
wrong question.

>"Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> Thanks, and it seems helpful, but I can't seem to find
an
>> IP address for the print server. How can I find it? The
>> PS utility showed this address, but it doesn't seem to
>> even detect it anymore.

August 25, 2004 5:18:42 PM

Sorry, that other post was from me, but I forgot to type
my name in.
Just tried it, HP WebJetAdmin didnt work.

!