Print Server

I have just gotten a print server(it's the 2nd or 3rd
one!) and am having problems setting it up. It is a
TrendWare TEW-P1U with a Lexmark X125 printer. Nothing
happens-the PS utility won't detect it, I can't get it to
work on my own. I have tried TrendWare's tech support
number; all they can tell me is to "please hold." Are
there any known issues with Windows XP and print servers
with a hotfix out there? Will XP's SP2 fix this(I'm going
to download it in a while)?
5 answers Last reply
More about print server

    See Bruce Sanderson's website at:
    http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/Printing%20to%20Print%20Server%20device.htm
    www.coribright.com

    "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have just gotten a print server(it's the 2nd or 3rd
    > one!) and am having problems setting it up. It is a
    > TrendWare TEW-P1U with a Lexmark X125 printer. Nothing
    > happens-the PS utility won't detect it, I can't get it to
    > work on my own. I have tried TrendWare's tech support
    > number; all they can tell me is to "please hold." Are
    > there any known issues with Windows XP and print servers
    > with a hotfix out there? Will XP's SP2 fix this(I'm going
    > to download it in a while)?

    Thanks, and it seems helpful, but I can't seem to find an
    IP address for the print server. How can I find it? The
    PS utility showed this address, but it doesn't seem to
    even detect it anymore.
    Hardware)
    >www.coribright.com
    >
    >"Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    >>I have just gotten a print server(it's the 2nd or 3rd
    >> one!) and am having problems setting it up. It is a
    >> TrendWare TEW-P1U with a Lexmark X125 printer. Nothing
    >> happens-the PS utility won't detect it, I can't get it
    >> work on my own. I have tried TrendWare's tech support
    >> number; all they can tell me is to "please hold." Are
    >> there any known issues with Windows XP and print
    servers
    >> with a hotfix out there? Will XP's SP2 fix this(I'm
    going
    >> to download it in a while)?
    >

    >.

    Check the documentation for the TEW-P1U. Usually, these kinds of devices
    have a "test" button (or something similar) that, when pressed (and perhaps
    held for a five seconds or so) will send their configuration to the attached
    printer. This normally will have such information as the MAC address and
    the IP configuration (address, sub-net mask, default gateway).

    A second possibility is that whatever utility or feature you use to
    configure your wireless base station may be able to tell you the IP address
    of all the devices currently communicating with it.

    A third possibility is to download and install the HP WebJetAdmin software.
    The Trendware web site is very thin on documentation, but it does say that
    the TEW-P1U "supports HP WebJetAdmin". I've found WebJetAdmin quite a handy
    tool for getting information about "print servers" etc. See
    http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc-JAVA/offweb/vac/us/en/en/network_software/wja_overview.html.

    --
    Bruce Sanderson MVP

    It's perfectly useless to know the right answer to the wrong question.

    > Thanks, and it seems helpful, but I can't seem to find an
    > IP address for the print server. How can I find it? The
    > PS utility showed this address, but it doesn't seem to
    > even detect it anymore.

    No, but there's a reset button.
    -------------------
    >...whatever utility or feature you use to
    >configure your wireless base station may be able to tell
    >you the IP address
    >of all the devices currently communicating with it.
    Strangely enough, I can't see my own computer there, much
    less the print server.
    >The Trendware web site is very thin on documentation...
    You got that right...
    >...the TEW-P1U "supports HP WebJetAdmin".
    It's not an HP printer, but it's worth a try.

    Sorry, that other post was from me, but I forgot to type
    my name in.
    Just tried it, HP WebJetAdmin didnt work.

Servers Windows XP