Lexmark X73 not recognizing USB porty

Joe

I cannot get my Lexmark X73 to recognize the USB port. Have uninstalled and
reinstalled software and drivers both from disk and Lexmark web page.

Have you uninstalled the USB ports and rebooted? XP should find the USB
ports on the reboot and reinstall the correct drivers.

www.coribright.com

"Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I cannot get my Lexmark X73 to recognize the USB port. Have uninstalled and
> reinstalled software and drivers both from disk and Lexmark web page.

Joe

Thank you for the help. I have tried this previuously and it didn't help . I
am about ready to reinstall XP. Anyone out there have any other suggestions
before I do this? By the way the scanner works but I cannot print via USB to
this or any other printer

"Cari (MS MVP)" wrote:

> Have you uninstalled the USB ports and rebooted? XP should find the USB
> ports on the reboot and reinstall the correct drivers.

> www.coribright.com
>
> "Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I cannot get my Lexmark X73 to recognize the USB port. Have uninstalled and
> > reinstalled software and drivers both from disk and Lexmark web page.

connect the printer to the fron port

--
sherry