Microsoft Shared Fax Driver (SHRFAX) to output G3 TIFF for..

Hi,
I'm using the Microsoft Shared Fax Driver (SHRFAX) to produce
..tif-Files. The SHRFAX outputs multipage Fax-G4-TIFF files (CCITT
Group 4 two-dimensional compression).

I am using an email-to-fax service that requires G3, however. So I
have to open the files with Kodak Imaging and convert every page to
G3.

Is there a way to make the SHRFAX output G3 format instead of G4? Or
is there a way aroung other than converting manually?

Best regards,
Dieter

There is no way to output G3 using Microsoft Fax.

If you are willing to do the conversion progammatically, you can try out the
GDI+ APIs in MSDN:

Using Image Encoders and Decoders:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/gdicpp/gdiplus/usinggdiplus/usingimageencodersanddecoders.asp

Using the EncoderValue Enumeration:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/gdicpp/gdiplus/usinggdiplus/usingimageencodersanddecoders/determiningtheparameterssupportedbyanencoder/usingtheencodervalueenumeration.asp

--
Arindam Basak
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,and confers no rights.